How to Save Time with TeamViewer’s Brand-New Recent Contacts Feature

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
edited April 2023 in Blog

Blog_Recent_Contacts_header_image_999x322.png

Lost the overview in your Computers & Contacts list? Discover a clever way to organize it with the new Recent Contacts feature!

How many devices do you support with TeamViewer? 100, maybe 500 or even more?

No matter if you help out many individuals or you’re responsible for your company’s in-house support:

If remote support is your profession, your Computers & Contacts list can become pretty bloated over time, making it harder to quickly find the contact you want to work with.

That can be especially irritating, when you were already connected to the contact in question recently, but you closed the connection prematurely.

Did you get interrupted or is there something you need to finish on the other end?

And most importantly: Isn’t there an easy way to get back to the contact you were connected to just a minute ago?

Well, now there is!

Thanks to TeamViewer’s brand-new recent contacts feature, you have quick access to the ten contacts you last established a connection with from within your Computers & Contacts list.

Recent Contacts: A Savior for Productivity

Up until now, there have been two ways for you to systematically search through your contacts apart from their default alphabetical order:

1. You can create and label groups to categorize your TeamViewer contacts. It is possible to share yours and re-share groups others shared with you.

2. With the classic search bar at the top of your Computers & Contacts list, you can type a contact’s name, or parts of it. Only the affected contacts will be displayed.

The Recent Contacts feature now offers a third way, giving you more options to effectively identify the right contact:

When opening your TeamViewer client and navigate to your Computers & Contacts list, you’ll notice a new drop-down menu fittingly titled “Recent Contacts” at the top of your list.

It automatically displays the ten contacts you last started a connection with from within your existing Computers & Contacts list.

So you can reconnect by simply clicking on the contact in question and choosing between a remote control, presentation or video call connection, just like you’re used to.

The feature doesn’t require any activation, but it can be extended and hidden with a simply click on the drop-down arrow.

The next time you’ll have to get back to a previous connection, it’ll only take a second.

Spare Yourself the Long-Winded Searches

With your ten most recent contacts always only one click away, we hope to make your lives a little bit easier once more.

Sometimes it’s the little tweaks and optimizations that make a big difference. Especially in the long run, if you just think about the total time this feature could potentially save you.

What are your thoughts on the new Recent Contacts feature? Gives us your feedback in the comments section below!

Former Community Manager

Tagged:

Comments

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Great feature

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

This is an awesome new feature!!

• Esther

@RawLar @ChrisWebman Thank you for your feedback! It is important to hear your opinion so that we can further improve our software. Please keep on giving your feedback and please feel free to provide further ideas in our ideas board. All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• I want this to be an option too. I don't like it. It's not simply "in the way" it's that when I have multiple computer names to change, the newly named computer goes back up, in the recent contacts, as well as my view, but then I have to go back down to search for my next computer, which was right underneath the one I just did!

Please, make this an option. It could be activated by default, but give me the option to remove it. 

Thank you

• Running the latest, on OSX (Latest) hasn't worked since the feature was released. 

Would be a good feature if you can click on the recent and join the session again, but everytime i'm having to close it to get to my connections. 

Can we have the option to remove it, or make it work. thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 11.58.11 AM.png

• Hoser
    Hoser Posts: 6

I agree with CONCSISEcomputer. I find it annoying and only gets in the way. I know there is a drop down menu but I don't want to be clicking on it all the time I log in to TeamViewer. There is also "Contacts from Recent Sessions" on the bottom. All I want to see is online and offline contacts in a seperate view with Online at the top. The rest is redundant. I am using TeamViewer 13 Beta.

• Esther

@CONCISEcomputer @Hoser Thank your for your feedback on this feature to turn it off. May I ask you to add this as an idea to our ideas board? In this board we are collecting user ideas for improving TeamViewer and other Community members can upvote the idea. Thank you, Esther

Former Community Manager

• BJK
    BJK Posts: 2 ✭✭

I wish we could opt to turn this feature off. Features like this should never be anything but optional. Some people will like it, some will not. For many of us, it truly is in the way, and annoying. I wouldn't mind it if it was something that I could choose/not choose...or even arrange differently. For me, this does not constitute an improvement.

• Esther

Hi @BJK Thanks for your post. Please feel free to upvote @mLipoks idea here: Recent Contacts Feature - Turn Off/On Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager

• DomCom
    DomCom Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Why don't you ask your users what they need? Isn't that a better strategies than integrate useless stuff and wait how many people asks for a change? By the way - what about better organization tools, like options for categorize clients with a click or sub-groups and so on? This would be really helpful and is asked by the community since...I don't know...years! Please focus on your pro users and stop implementing such childish stuff, thanks.