Apple Setup Assistant blocks remote connection

More and more frequently I get kicked out of unattended remote connections to Mac computers either after a restart or when switching user accounts because the Setup Assistant automatically starts. TeamViewer stops functioning until a user on site can click through the iCloud account login and annonymous data collection setup pages. 

After OS updates (usually security updates or OS patches) Apple fires off the same iCloud login setup page. For some reason this blocks TeamViewer. If I'm running OS updates and the machine restarts, I often can't get back in.

But the assistant must be run for EVERY user account to clear this scenario. If a Mac was updated months ago but a user account on that machine hasn't logged in recently, if I'm remoted in and switch users, the assistant fires off and I get kicked out and can't regain access until someone on site clicks "Not Now" and "Skip" on the iCloud Login screen. 

I tried contacting TeamViewer support about this but they tried treating it like an issue with the particular workstation. But I think this is a bug or flaw or compatibility issue between TeamViewer and the Mac OS, across multiple OS's. Does anyone have any suggestions for a workaround? Maybe a way to permanently stop that Assistant? 

I do a lot of work after hours, and once I lock myself out, I'm done working for the night. 

Comments

• DesignCorp
    DesignCorp Posts: 5 ✭✭

Until TeamViewer finds a way to address this, I'm thinking I will have to use a bash script to change the Setup Assistant preferences (located here: http:///Library/Preferences/com.apple.SetupAssistant) to reflect that the iCloud, Diagnostics, and SIri setups have already been run, prior to restarting. This can be different depending on the version of the OS, so it's not a one-size fit's all solution. 

• GregKanczes
    GregKanczes Posts: 2 ✭✭

macOS disables this ability and I have not found a successful workaround.  one more reason i dislike Apple immensely.  just tried migrating from an old mac to a new one with Catalina, and the Mac kicks me out, so I have to go onsite.  

• Rob_P
    Rob_P Posts: 1
    edited February 2023

Has anyone found a current solution to this?

It's frustrating that other remote access tools such as **Third Party Product** don't have problems with this - so it's clearly an issue that TeamViewer could solve, not just Apple being annoying.