Connection problem

When I reconnect to teamview in ubuntus environment, the black terminal-like interface is displayed, and the teamviewer logo is in the upper right corner, as shown below. The network on the remoter end  is good. What can I do to restore the display interface to the normal interface?My version is 15.3.2682.WechatIMG36.png

Tagged:

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @WR1995 

Could you please try, to begin by updating the Ubuntu by terminal command with sudo rights?

the commands are 

Sudo apt-get update

The update is used to resynchronize the package index files from their sources on Ubuntu Linux via the Internet.

Sudo apt-get upgrade

The upgrade is used to install the newest versions of all packages currently installed on the Ubuntu system.

The next step is to purge (purge command) the current Teamviewer installation and reinstall the last version if possible.

I hope this to solve it for you, else update for further assistance.

Best regards

• WR1995
    WR1995 Posts: 6

Thanks for your replay.At first, I thought it was a terminal interface, but after I typed some sudo-like commands, like sudo apt-get update, nothing happened. The interface felt like a text, and the instructions had no effect.WX20200313-202435@2x.png

• Vatsilidis

These commands I wrote before, should be entered in a new terminal window, and not to the faulty window that appears during this issue.

Please give it a try and we see what's next.

• WR1995

When connected, teamview only passed this interface, and I couldn't exit the interface to enter the new terminal interface. Because I can't restart the computer on the other end, I want to try to solve the problem at this end as much as possible. Do you have any good suggestions to solve this problem in a remote situation?

• Vatsilidis

ok, now things are more clear than before.

Have you tried to reboot the machine from the top menu, or it isn't working?

If you don't have the option to open a new terminal, or to access the machine remotely by some command or service like SSH, or to reboot it, then I'm afraid that you must visit it and see in close. 

• WR1995

Ok .Thank you for your help.

• Vatsilidis

You are very welcome!