Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Deploy TeamViewer Host MSI option file with relative path

Greetings. I'm trying to deploy a custom TeamViewer Host via Intune Win32 app, though not with Intune / Company Portal integration. So just at custom TeamViewer Host really. I run into problems when referencing the options file. I've created a intunewin file where the MSI setup file resides, as well as a subfolder "Options" where the .tvopt file resides. The problem is that I can't seem to use a relative path to reference the options file, as I get an error message stating that the reference file is not accessible. Is it possible to use relative paths here?

error message + install stringerror message + install string

Here's the install string:

msiexec.exe /i "TeamViewer15_Host.msi" /qn SETTINGSFILE="Options/TeamViewer15HostSettings.tvopt"

If I do a local install with an absolute path (C:\whatever\TeamViewer15HostSettings.tvopt) the install works as expected. As far as I can tell that won't work with a Win32 app deployment as there's not absolute path to reference, and the Win32 app states to use relative paths for extra files. Is there any way do this with a relative path?

Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/apps/apps-win32-app-management 

When generating an .intunewin file, put any files you need to reference
into a subfolder of the setup folder.
Then, use a relative path to reference the specific file you need.
For example: Setup source folder: c:\testapp\v1.0 License file: c:\testapp\v1.0\licenses\license.txt Refer to the license.txt file by using the relative path licenses\license.txt.
1 Reply
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Deploy TeamViewer Host MSI option file with relative path

I ran into this issue as well! You can get around it by using CMD to call the msi and use %CD% to generate the absolute path.

Here is an example

cmd.exe /c start msiexec.exe /i "TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn SETTINGSFILE="%CD%\TeamViewer_Settings.tvopt"