How to play a TV recording ( .tvs ) file?

Recently I attending a TeamViewer session, in which the host recorded the session.  He made the recording file, a .tvs file, available to everyone.  However, I can't figure out how to play it.  I have the TV app installed on my PC but don't see any menu or command for playing the movie.  Thanks in adavance for any help!

Comments

• JedenTag
    JedenTag Posts: 38 ✭✭

Are you running the host version of TeamViewer? Because I think you need the full version to watch .tvs files.

Extras > Play or convert a recorded session...

• RandyS
    RandyS Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks Jaden!  I loaded the full version and it included the Extras menu.  (I didn't find the Extras menu with the Host version.)
    Thanks again!

• ictc
    ictc Posts: 1

This menu doesn't seems to exsist in the OSX version of teamviewer...

@JedenTag wrote:

Are you running the host version of TeamViewer? Because I think you need the full version to watch .tvs files.

Extras > Play or convert a recorded session...

• It's a problem for me. It takes too much time to convert my session. Need a Stand Alone TVS player for my customers!!!

• You can of course always use tvstomp4.com conversion service which converts your TVS files to MP4 file (which is then playable with about anything).

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for the interesting thread.

Just as a note: TeamViewer does not own or offer this service provided in the link above. Please be careful when using 3rd party services.

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• WoKol
    WoKol Posts: 1

It's very expensiv !!!

• pc_rat
    pc_rat Posts: 1

Thank's - TV possible solution works well.

• TVS_User
    TVS_User Posts: 6 ✭✭

In order to play the .tvs file, does a specific license need to be purchased? I downloaded teamviewer from the website, and I have the extras menu with the option to "Play or convert recorded session..." but I always get an error that says the file could not be opened.