Phone lost and Recovery code dont work

i have a problem with my account, my phone was stolen and with this, the microsoft authenticator, i used for this. i want to deactivate the two-factor authentication, the restore code is the right, but i get the error massage, that this code is wrong. i hope you can help me

Comments

• Rami
    Rami Posts: 2

@Kellerassel, did you ever get access to your account again?

I'm also trying to deactivate two factor authentication on my account, but when I enter my email, password, recovery code, and verify I'm human, I get the error message "The recovery code you entered was invalid. Please try again.".

It's the same recovery code I received when I first set up two factor authentication, so I'm not sure why it's not working.

TeamViewer, is this a temporary issue, or a bug or your end?

I can no longer access my old Android device, and so I'm trying to setup two factor authentication on my new Android device.

I'm still logged into my TeamViewer account in the Windows desktop application.

Any ideas?

If I buy a license can you help me unlock my account?

If not, how can I migrate the computers linked to my old account to my new account, and then delete my old account?

Thank you.

• liamail
    liamail Posts: 1

Did either of you get anywhere? I have exactly the same problem; my recovery code does not work to restore my access to my account :smileysurprised: I had to make a second account to upvote and reply to this thread.

Some clients are still logged in to my account but I cannot get access on the web or an any new clients.

I think this is a very different situation to the myriad of lost 2FA *and* recovery key cases. Please help @Jonathan  

• Rami
    Rami Posts: 2

Not really; this is what I had to do instead:

1. Create a new TeamViewer account using another email address.

2. In the desktop application where I'm already logged in, add the new email address as a contact.

3. Create a new group.

4. Share the new group with the new contact.

5. Grant the new contact full control to the shared group.

6. Move all the computers to the shared group.

The last step may be tricky because the computer has to be online and the computer may also have to be running the latest version of TeamViewer.

• SimTechy
    SimTechy Posts: 1

So, I paid for teamviewer, activated it, but now it's asking for a 16 digit recovery code. 

Need help? Redirects to forums. No chat support. No simple email recovery. Just a few cumbersome workarounds I'm not willing to waste my time trying for something that should be simple and straight forward. 

This will probably negatively impact my decision to buy more in the future. 

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @SimTechy,

We are sorry to hear about your negative using experience. If you are a licensed customer, I would recommend contacting our support team with your licensed account information to find a solution, you can do this in two ways:

via support ticket
    via phone support
    Our customer support team will be glad to help you with your request.

Best regards

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • gcsptyltd
    gcsptyltd Posts: 1

I am having the same issue. It keeps asking for codes I dont have and gives no way to recover them. Plus all the emails to me about my account come from a donotrely email :(

• It is jow july 2020 and I having the same problem, seems it has not been resolved yet.

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @gcsptyltd @agritest444 ,

Thanks for your messages.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you were experiencing. Please kindly read this article for double-checking your recovery code, however, if it still does not work, please create a new account with a different email address. 

This is the only solution we can provide in this case. We thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G