Remote Viewing

is there a way to look at what actions have been taken on a computer when someone has remote access

Tagged:

Comments

• Katharina
    Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]

Hi Mac27030,

Thank you for your post. 

Unfortunately, there is no way of verifying through TeamViewer what actions were taken during a remote control connection.

Since TeamViewer will give your connection partner full control over your machine, please only give your ID and password to people that you know and trust. In general, it is advisable not to give anyone unattended access to your computer, but to always stay in front of the computer while others connect.

If you would like to have more control over the things people will be able to do during a TeamViewer connection, I would recommend using customised access control settings.

You will find the access control settings under "Extras > Options > Advanced > Show advanced options > Advanced settings for connections to this computer > Access control". By selecting "Custom settings" from the drop-down menu and clicking on "Configure..." you can predefine your own settings: You could for example prevent your partners from locking your local keyboard or make sure that they will only be able to remote control your PC after explicit confirmation from your side.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, feel free to let me know!

All the best, 

Katharina