Remote desktop alternative

Hi everybody

Now I'm using a VPN to connect to my office network and a normal remote desktop to make all the eployee to connet to the server and work all together.

I'm organizing to change the internet connection and the tew one can have no public IP, I've think to move to Teamviewer to avoid this issue. There is a way, contract or solution that can organize this? Running Teamviewer as service and at wach connection it start a new remote desktop according the the licence that I have buy from microsoft for the remote desktop?

Thanks for the help

Comments

• TotalPC
    TotalPC Posts: 87 ⭐Star⭐

Hello @Canapla,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

TeamViewer does not work directly with Remote Desktop. Users remoting into a system with TeamViewer would be remoting directly into that device viewing the same thing that would be on a connected monitor. That means each user would need their own device or virtual machine setup at the remote location.

I'm interested to know what internet service provider offers an internet connection with no public IP. That sounds like someone sharing their internet connection with you rather than you having your own dedicated internet connection from an internet service provider that has to issue you a Public WAN IP, at least a dynamic one. Dynamic IPs can easily be overcome with any DDNS service.

Hope this helps.

-Cheers!

TeamViewer user since version 6 (2010). We used other remote software programs (TVNC UVNC PCAny) for many years before.