Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Requesting assistance - Teamviewer on Windows 10, iPhone 7, and Samsung S7 (Verizon)

Hello my fellow forum members!

I installed Teamviewer to connect to my Samsung Galaxy S7 (Verizon edition) smartphone via a Windows 10 PC and an iPhone 7 (international edition). The S7 is running Android Nougat 7.0 and the iPhone 7's iOS is fully updated. Unfortunately, I was unable to connect to the S7! I did not find a solution after much troubleshooting and thoroughly searching this forum, so I decided to create this post. Here is an elaborate outline of my troubleshooting. I hope it is not taken with harshness; I am only trying to explain as clearly as possible for you guys and gals!

I have tried using Teamviewer 13 on both the iPhone and the PC to connect in the following ways:
1) iPhone to S7's Host(app),
2) PC's Teamviewer 13 program to S7's Teamviewer Remote Control(app),
3) PC to S7's Host(app) via web portal using Microsoft Edge.
I have tried these three steps before installing "Add-on: Samsung" on my S7.
I have tried these three steps after installing "Add-on: Samsung" on my S7.
My S7 responded the same way whether or not I was using "Add-on: Samsung".
Teamviewer Host(app) and Teamviewer Remote Desktop(app) requested, and were approved, to enable Samsung Knox.
The common error message I am receiving states that I did not approve the connection to my S7. From my S7, I see the stages change from ready, to connection requested, and then back to ready. There is nothing else-- not even a pop-up message on my S7.

I will be very happy if we can get Teamviewer to work on these devices. Whoever has any questions relating this matter, please do not hesitate to ask, and I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Best Regards,

Zach

EDIT: I would like you all to know that I tried all of this with eco-mode on as well as with Eco-mode off.

EDIT2: I solved my problem!! After looking closely at the logs on my app, something caught my eye. Teamviewer was attempting to set the screen resolution to 1440x2560 (WQHD). My laptop has a maximum screen resolution of 1920x1080p (Full HD) and the iPhone 7 (not iPhone 7 Plus) has a maximum screen resolution of 1334x750p (??As clear as the human eye is capable of noticing-p).

Solution: I changed my S7 screen resolution to 1280x720p (HD). It works!

1 Reply
1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Requesting assistance - Teamviewer on Windows 10, iPhone 7, and Samsung S7 (Verizon)

Hi Zach,

I am glad to hear that you found a solution :-)

Best, Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started