Suspected 'hack'

Options

Hi all,

I recently figured that I had a recent connection from my former employer on my computer.

I'd like to know if I could get the IP's and logs in order to know if I was monitored by my ex boss

I had to connect to my own computer from the office to work on my diploma and other less professional stuff

He was kind of a nutjob back then and I fear he might have watched and grabbed my whole life since then. I'm not angry at him because somehow I understood the man he was but I'd like to know before I get to him.

It's been years since we've talked to each other and I'm kinda frightened by which use he might do with the data he might have stored about me.

Any tips ?

Tagged:

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]
    Options

Hi @Dodo57 ,

Thank you for your post.

We provide the connection report in order to check the connection history. This is the only way that you can check by yourself. But this feature is required Premium or Corporate licenses.

Otherwise please also have a look at this article about TeamViewer and Scamming and report what happened to you via this page: Report a scam.

Especially in your situation, please use the Black or Whitelist in the TeamViewer full version to restrict access to your devices. Deny incoming connections for specific TeamViewer IDs or only allow connections for defined TeamViewer-IDs.

Finally, to ensure that it is safe to use your computer again (for example, for online banking), we recommend having it checked by a local IT support company or a person you can trust.

I hope these reply help you.
    Best, Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Dodo57
    Options

Thank you for your quick answer, I already did the whitelist step when I was looking for options in Teamviewer, I didn't know it was possible and should prevent unwanted connections.

I checked my logs in C:\Programfiles(x86)\Teamviewer, there's only one ID I couldn't identify.

I guess it must be a device I used once to log into my Teamviewer account.

There are some users logged as <unknown>, it might be when Teamviewer starts with Windows, before a session opening.

In fine, looks like that Teamviewer partner didn't log on my PC's. That's a relief !

I hope my story will help other users. Thank you