Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

TeamViewer Portable is running in limited demonstration mode

I keep getting the same pop-up message on my screen every 4 seconds from Teamviewer with "TeamViewer Portable is running in limited demostration mode" 

We have a corporate license (3-channels) and I cannot even sign-in, and re-installing doesn't help.

Capture.PNG

6 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by
Digon
Solution

Re: Amazing

The confusion is due to the Error message. In my case our license payment didn't go through - so this generic message came up, and it took us a while to figure this out. Only when the helpdesk checked our account we could rectify the issue.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: TeamViewer Portable is running in limited demonstration mode

What is Teamviewer Portable Mode, and howcome I cannot sign in, because everything else is greyed out. And also howcome uninstalling and reinstalling this app doesn't solve the problem. I have never seen/heard of Teamviewer Portable, neither was this software on my computer. Howcome I can sign into my account on a different computer. This would imply there's something wrong with the computer where I want this software to run on? 
The computer haven't had any updates or changes since I last logon to a another machine. I cannot find anything else using Google to search for similar issues. 

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Help - Running in Limited Demonstration Mode after Updating to 14

I don't have Teamviewer 14 Portable installed. Also I cannot find this .ini file - Where is this file location, and does this apply to Teamviewer 14 normal (Desktop Version) aka (Teamviewer for Windows 10)

Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

HI @reghardt 

Thanks for your message.

Can you give my colleagues a call? They will be happy to help! You can find the number here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/contact

Thanks and best,

Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Amazing

So not only do you pay for the Premium and get the latest and greatest upgrade - you are unable to use the software.  I'm also have the same issue with regards to TV Remote ... and when I called the 1-800-Cry-Help hotline, I find out that the call was not during their "business hours."  This is very frustrating ... I too am unable to locate the *.ini file and if I did, my guess in add the [1] would not do the trick.  We ALL pay good money for this software - and I'm not a happy customer.  PC Anywhere?

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon
Solution

Re: Amazing

The confusion is due to the Error message. In my case our license payment didn't go through - so this generic message came up, and it took us a while to figure this out. Only when the helpdesk checked our account we could rectify the issue.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I'm having this same issue.  My license expired and this window started popping up.  I renewed my subscription last friday and this window still doesn't go away.  Fixing this needs to be a priority.  Waiting on hold in a 20 person queue to talk to a representative to fix this problem is ridiculous.