Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• I just got this. I'm using it on my home computers, only within my home, I own no "commercial" business, I'm a student. Now all of a sudden, after years of using it, teamviewer says i'm commercial and won't let me use it. I guess it's time to switch back to **Third Party Product**. Whoever you have snooping and determining something going on is commerical is off their rocker. But fine.

• hendybear
    hendybear Posts: 1

Same here, apparently I am suddenly on a ""buisness network"" when sat at home trying to help my elderly father!

• BGhandi
    BGhandi Posts: 1

Same problem, I was on a guest network at the hospital were I was visittting, is this so wide spread that everyone is included?

Hopefully not to long before this will be cleared. Though no helping others untill this is cleared. 5 min, is actually somewhere areound 30 sec til 60 sec.

• XenoDrake
    XenoDrake Posts: 5

I have the same issue!

• woodyboy
    woodyboy Posts: 9

They advertise FREE for non business use. Apparently they have decided to raise income by blocking users like you and me. I am retired and only help people without charging them. Team Viewer has decided I am a business. Not true! We should investigate and/or seek legal advice regarding a class action law suit to force them to quit advertising FREE use for users like you and me plus many others OR cease and desist from blocking us. **bleep** 7/9/2018

@liounite wrote:

Hello, I use teamviewer for many years, to help my family or some of my friends. For several months I have the message that tells me that I use teamviewer professionally, but it is not the case. I use it from my office to connect to my pc at home. Since 2 weeks I can only connect 30 seconds and after I have a message that tells me that the session will cut because the time maximum is exceeded.Evemment it asks me to move to the pro version ... I have always praised this program with my companies some of which have adopted but I begin to ask me the question of returning to **Third Party Product** because the policy of forced buying is starting to become very disturbing at teamviewer.

• fje
    fje Posts: 21 ✭✭

Same problem for me.

I used the link suggested some post before:

I have just texted to the following link to turn my account clean again: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/?_ga=2.12725431.1271782355.152993032...

Hope they will answer and solve the problem sonn.

Javier

• Eipok
    Eipok Posts: 2

How is [Removed by moderator ]? Does it have the same features as TeamViewer? Actual free license for personal use?

• Blaster69
    Blaster69 Posts: 1

Well, it seems we're all in the same boat. It's time to switch to[Removed by moderator]

• Preklek
    Preklek Posts: 3

Hello,

My teamviTeam told me that I use it in a professional way ... Which is obviously false. What can I do to solve this problem?

Best regards.

• I did it all, and submitted the form... twice with a 3 weeks interval. No reply at all. Patrick
  • treptowers
    treptowers Posts: 18 ✭✭

Hello

I have the same problem since yesterday. I opend a ticket by the support team. I hope it will fixed soon

• Ash18
    Ash18 Posts: 3

Same here,

I don't know what TeamViewer is planning with their users, but it's frustrating.

I wish they'd sort it out soon! 

• Chris78
    Chris78 Posts: 3

I don't get it.  Didn't they realize yet the problem?  Or is the idea to make non-professional users pay, since it's the easiest/quickest way out of the problem?  Personally I can wait a bit... but I can only guess the fan base they are losing :(

• treptowers

Support on Facebook tell me that i use a Commecrial. But i only use Free,  I think TV doesnt know about the problems .... Facebook Team wrote me i have to Kontakt the Support. But i have no time to wait 30 days for a answer

• Ash18
    Ash18 Posts: 3

Yeah, I hope they solve this problem soon it is quite annoying

• Nietsabes
    Nietsabes Posts: 1

Hi,

after completed the form Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected' with logs of my usage, it was about 2 weeks ago, I got an answer yesterday saying that my ID has been set to private.

Now, everything is working like before, no more disconnection after 30s-1mn.

Thank you.

Be patient.

Regards

• treptowers

2 Weeks to solve the Problem ? Great LOL

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭
    As mentioned before after 33 days and a little prodding, TV set me back to private. Today I tried to access my mom's PC and it tells me the password changed. I'm sure she didn't change it as she is not strong in computers which is why I have to help her. So I guess something about resetting my account broke the connectability of her PC. Her PC is not on my account but I was able to add her to my list of devices. That was so I could access her PC but she couldn't accidentally access mine. Something to be aware of.
  • rgleon
    rgleon Posts: 1

Teamviewer closes conection in a few seconds an sends a msg telling that the time waiting for the conection has been exceeded.

After that, i should wait for 10 min for repeat the access conection.

Regards

• Fathi
    Fathi Posts: 7

please help someone

• XenoDrake

I love how someone recommended a piece of software which the free version can't touch administrative programs (won't let you interact with them) and stated we should pay $60 for it when this ENTIRE thread is intended for those that are using the FREE version of Teamviewer. Some people.

First off, do you really need remote software that badly? If it's for non-commercial use, why are you not able to be patient for the ~30 days for the account to be reset to private?

Seeing as someone withing the last few days got their account properly set to private again once the time hit 33 days after they submitted the form, I think it's safe to say that TV IS listening. Just be patient. I will wait until I get my account is set up properly, even though I do need it normally during the week for emergency things to manage my home network.

• macshane
    macshane Posts: 7

hi everybody, sorry for bad english, i'm french.

I experience the same problem and i find a solution.

I wrote a post explaining this solution, but it was removed because it promotes third party or competitor software.

I understand, this is a TV forum. So I'll just wrote the end of my post: i'm very hungry against TV and their new politic. They have many way to let a free TV existing (as restrain the connexion to a number of connexion/day, or client, etc.) but the way they blocked us is really poor way.

I hope i've the right to say that i leave TV for greener meadows.

• XenoDrake

@macshane wrote:

hi everybody, sorry for bad english, i'm french.

I experience the same problem and i find a solution.

I wrote a post explaining this solution, but it was removed because it promotes third party or competitor software.

I understand, this is a TV forum. So I'll just wrote the end of my post: i'm very hungry against TV and their new politic. They have many way to let a free TV existing (as restrain the connexion to a number of connexion/day, or client, etc.) but the way they blocked us is really poor way.

I hope i've the right to say that i leave TV for greener meadows.

Did you even read the first post in this thread?! https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-use-detected/ta-p/5265#toc-hId--1845051879

Teamviewer does not actively force users out of the free program. Submit a ticket at the link below and wait 30 days and your account should be restored. https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

Also your "solution" is not a solution. We don't want to pay for software that we can get for free. The free version of that software does not allow you to interact with administrative programs.

Your original post aggravated me quite a bit as you are assuming that Teamviewer is doing this on purpose. They are not.

• macshane

hello Xeno,

i'm really not good with english, but i never write in my removed post that i was using a commercial solution. I said that i will pay if it works fine because 5€/month is not so much. And i would do the same thing with TV if it was not so expansive.

So i'm using a FREE solution as the free TV but whitout the commercial use detection.

If it's for non-commercial use, why are you not able to be patient for the ~30 days for the account to be reset to private?

Because my old mother with her old mac will be dead if i wait 30 days to help her to surf on internet and other things.

Because if i wait 30 days, my girlfriend will kill me when i'm not at home and she needs help to find a movie on our NAS.

Is my answers are good enough for you ?

I love how someone recommended a piece of software which the free version can't touch administrative programs (won't let you interact with them)

I don't love you, sorry.

What is an administrative programs ? 

My little person only use TV to help family on their computers and to drive my server/NAS from work.

I used to pay or make donation when i used a soft. If it is a problem for you, i'm sorry too ?

Sorry for bad english. Regards.

• owenegan
    owenegan Posts: 4

>>Your original post aggravated me quite a bit as you are assuming that Teamviewer is doing this on purpose. They are not.

>>

Really? How do you know this?  It appears your are making assumptions in the same breath you complain about others making assumptions.

There are two possibilities I see.

1. Teamviewer is purposesfully trying to shed some if its free users by, without warning, deactivating software that many of these people have used for years to help their friends and relatives use their computers.  

or

2. Teamviewer's commercial-use detection algorithm was written by massively incompetent people who should immediately be encouraged to find other work while Teamviewer attempts to limit the damage of this customer relations fiasco .

But the "fill out the form and sit tight for 30 days" response from Teamviewer strongly suggests to me that everything is going according to plan.

Do you use an email service like Gmail? If tomorrow your email suddenly stopped working, would that be ok too? 

You'd get a notice that Gmail thinks you had violated a term of service.  Maybe you could fill out a form and wait thirty days for them to reconsider.

Would you just say "ok, I'll happily wait 30 days to send my next email"?  Or would you maybe look for a more reliable email service?

Just asking...

• macshane
    +1
  • XenoDrake

@owenegan wrote:

>>Your original post aggravated me quite a bit as you are assuming that Teamviewer is doing this on purpose. They are not.

Really? How do you know this?  It appears your are making assumptions in the same breath you complain about others making assumptions.

There are two possibilities I see.

1. Teamviewer is purposesfully trying to shed some if its free users by, without warning, deactivating software that many of these people have used for years to help their friends and relatives use their computers.  

-Then why would they offer a way out, that people have reported working? Have you thought, perhaps, a fluke was made in the code of the algorythm back in June, causing mass triggers of accounts? From a programming perspective in regards to the size of Teamviewer's infrustructure, that is not easily fixable. It takes time.

@owenegan wrote:

2. Teamviewer's commercial-use detection algorithm was written by massively incompetent people who should immediately be encouraged to find other work while Teamviewer attempts to limit the damage of this customer relations fiasco .

-This hasn't always been the case to this degree. Something may have been accidentally changed recently. Accidents happen. There is never a perfect programmer. Talk to any friend that has had a career for a year or more in QA and they'll tell you that.

@owenegan wrote:

But the "fill out the form and sit tight for 30 days" response from Teamviewer strongly suggests to me that everything is going according to plan.

Do you use an email service like Gmail? If tomorrow your email suddenly stopped working, would that be ok too? 

You'd get a notice that Gmail thinks you had violated a term of service.  Maybe you could fill out a form and wait thirty days for them to reconsider.

Would you just say "ok, I'll happily wait 30 days to send my next email"?  Or would you maybe look for a more reliable email service?

Just asking...

-I never said it was ok. What I said is that I will wait patiently. I am using a free service. It is never guaranteed to always work. Also you are comparing TV to email as if they are equally important to everyone that uses them. I can guarantee you that TV is not as important to every TV Personal-use user as email is. Some. maybe, yes, but if it's 100% needed every day, then pay for the professional version if it's that useful to you. Pay for the product and show your appreciation for the team that made the software that is required for your day-to-day use. If you continue to rely on free software for day-to-day use, that is folly. Free software always gets the least support and priority. If anyone needs it so bad, then pay for it so that it will continue to work for you as intended, and so you get immediate support when you have an issue.

• Same issue here. I'm using TV from a lot of years to connect with my home devices. At first I thought this appeared because I connected with my office PC to check some emails but looks like the problem is bigger and based at TV. I never used it for commercial stuff...
  • fje
    fje Posts: 21 ✭✭

Could it be that Teamviewer detected the VPN I am using to access my PRIVATE disks in my HOME DESKTOP and from that discovery decided that I was using it in a professional environment?

Because I cannot find any other reason for having decide this situation in only one of my three PERSONAL computers..... :(, btw the only one I use for accesing the other two PERSONAL computers and the only one accessing my PRIVATE VPN...

Regards

• owenegan
    owenegan Posts: 4

Yeah, I know Gmail isn't Teamviewer, and I'm not all grumpypants because my free software went away.  Those weren't really my points.

Teamviewer's sudden kicking off thousands of (claimed) non-commercial users was either a business decision, or it wasn't.

• If it wasn't a business decision, it suggests gross incompetence in their detection algorithm.
    • If it was a business decision, I feel it was a very poor one.  Because...

They could have sent suspected naughty people a notice that their access would be cut in X days if they couldn't provide evidence of private use. They chose not to do that, but just cut people off.

This move, if intentional, presumably was designed to convert free users to paid ones.  Maybe it's a brilliant plan and is working like a charm.  But from the point of view of this particular user, the way they pulled the rug out from under folks makes it much less likely any future remote-control-software money of mine will go their way.

In my case, I had just driven home to Canada after installing a computer for a friend in Massachusetts. He's a 65-year-old farmer who kind of thinks the internet = AOL. So, remote access to his computer is direly needed if I am to help him take his first steps with his shiny new Gmail account.  So,  the sudden Teamviewer banishment isn't the end of the world, but it's gonna be painful talking him through setting up **Third Party Product**

For what it's worth, **Third Party Product** did a similar thing years ago. They originally offered both free and paid services.  Then they decided to eliminate the free option.  Did they suddenly accuse people of violating their terms and cut them off without notice?  Nope.  They announced the decision and allowed their customers time to find another service, or pay for a subscription. Was it ethics, or just the thought that angering thousands of potential customers might be a Bad Idea?  Who knows.

Anyway, once I get back to the farmer in Mass and my Aunt's computer in Connecticut, all my puters will then be migrated to the shiny chrome train, so I've mainly moved on. But this sends me emails whenever people post, and much like a car crash, it's hard not to look.