Update the remote Team Viewer -- your version is up to date

Options

When I cruise over to my Windows Vista remote pc with Team Viewer, the message says, "Update the remote Team Viewer now!  As it does not use the latest version".

2020-09-26 16_34_02-Window.png

Then, when I go to Action, Update remote client (as recommended when connected), I get the message "Your version of Team Viewer is up to date". 

2020-09-26 16_35_46-Window.png

How does one solve this paradox?

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @packzap

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

Indeed, the use of the free TeamViewer license is only possible with the latest version of TeamViewer on both sides of the connection.

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: Enjoy using the best version of TeamViewer we made so far! - How to proceed?

The use of previous versions will require a professional license.

I hope this could help. ?

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• glclaw_2000
    Options

i cannot connect to my remote computer,  it sits on a rack with no keyboard mouse nor monitor. It was giving me the error and i checked for updates and was up to the latest and same verson on my laptop,  now it will not allow connect at all!!!!   I built another machine last night to resolve this  w10 all updates, newest ver of team viewer from website and is also the same version on my laptop..   NOW IT IS DOING THE SAME THING!!!!!   THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP!   I cannot afford to drive 100 miles each way to drag a monitor and stuff into rack spot...  and this is not business! i am doing this for no profit and to help a individual and church! Someone please address this...

• Arnoldus
    Options

To use previous versions (Vista TV-V14.2) , will the "license for individuals" work?
    teamviewer.com/nl/lo-remote-access/

• packzap
    Options

$49 a month for a professional license is way beyond my pay grade and seldom personal use of Team Viewer.  I will have to explore other connectivity solutions. Thanks for the information!