Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Why do I see 2 of my computers in 'My Computers' as 2 ID's in a list under my account name?

I have 4 computers on my wifi and all are using TeamViewer but when I look at the 'My Computers' list, I see two as their assigned operating system name and the other two are listed in a pop-up list using their ID's under an item in the 'My Computers' list.

This forces me to remember ID numbers to connect to either of those two computers.

How do I fix this?

1 Reply
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by
Electron
Solution

Re: Why do I see 2 of my computers in 'My Computers' as 2 ID's in a list under my account name?

Darn, I hate it when I figure things out after I post a question about something in a forum.....

I did not post until I read all I could find on the web without success.

The answer hit me after my forum post made me rethink things...

Anyway, for those that follow, I realized that the computers that were showing up as their operating system names were the ones I had assigned to my account in 'Extra/Options/General'.

So solution was to assign all the computers to my account in the TeamViewer options of each computer...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by
Electron
Solution

Re: Why do I see 2 of my computers in 'My Computers' as 2 ID's in a list under my account name?

Darn, I hate it when I figure things out after I post a question about something in a forum.....

I did not post until I read all I could find on the web without success.

The answer hit me after my forum post made me rethink things...

Anyway, for those that follow, I realized that the computers that were showing up as their operating system names were the ones I had assigned to my account in 'Extra/Options/General'.

So solution was to assign all the computers to my account in the TeamViewer options of each computer...

View solution in original post