keyboard not working correctly on remote machine

I have a problem that started a few weeks ago. When I connect to my remote machine via teamviewer my keyboard is not being mapped properly.  Sometimes keystrokes are not being registered and sometimes keystrokes do things differently than they should.

I've opened notepad and tested typing many things.  Sometimes multiple w's (example www) will close the window, sometimes n will open file save, backspace puts a character in the notepad instead of actually doing a backspace.

This has really made Teamviewer unusable.

I have Windows7 running on my laptop and Windows10 running on my remote desktop.

Comments

• the app software can sometimes make function keys stick in a pressed state for the remote computer, and that interferes with key input

to unstick, tap the control, function, shift, and alt keys one at a time and hopefully you'll find your keyboard responding again

• mhhm_88
    mhhm_88 Posts: 1

i had this problem on the remote PC (both Win 10) that the right mouse & some keys (e.g. delete - function keys..) weren't working with the desktop (e.g. deleting files or renaming files) & the solution was to restart the "Windows Explorer" process on the remote machine.

• nemawa
    nemawa Posts: 1

I had something like this. I use Serbian Cyrilic keyboard, and it repeat only one letter. That was anoying, I resolve problem. Use SAME keyboard setting on both computers. After that, I can use different characters via TeamViewer.