Adding a PC

Options
Verminaard
Verminaard Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello all

I have a problem. I have a few different PCs at different locations. One (the one I'm currently at) is in a different city. All my computers are added to my computer & contacts but I did something **bleep**, and now I can't connect to my main computer. What happened is I have reinstalled Windows on it logged into Teamviewer but forgot to add it to my computer and contacts now the list refers to the old installation and the TV client sees it offline. My IP is static and I have a Windows password setup, Teamviewer there is currently up and running. I also didn't configure my RDP on that computer so it's not an option for now. I logged in to the management console but it also points to the old installation. How can I gain access to my computer now? Please help.

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @Verminaard

Thank you for your message.

The only way to reach a computer via TeamViewer is to connect via its ID and password.

As you don't have the TeamViewer ID of your new setup computer, you cannot reach it. There is, unfortunately, no workaround for this.

You will need to go to your computer and get the new TeamViewer ID to connect to it.

Best,

Jean

Community Manager