Highlighted
Posted by jamesc1
Henagon

Authentication rejected on one computer in my group

I have been connected with no problem for years, but now there was a connection problem with one of the computers in my group.

So I uninstalled with removing settings and reinstalled Teamviewer.

However, now it says that Authentication rejected.

Is there any way to removing all prior Authentication on that computer completely to install fresh?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon
Solution

Re: Authentication rejected on one computer in my group

Check/Re-enter the Properties in the Computer & Contacts screen for the correct password. The only time I have seen the message you are getting is when I try the wrong password more than three times.  You can get to the Screen I am talking about by clicking the Down Aarow shown by a Yellow Aarow pointing at it then properties.

On principal I also recomend making sure that all of your Clients and Hosts are running the same, most up to date ideally, version of TeamViewer

TV C&C.png

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
1 Reply
Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon
Solution

Re: Authentication rejected on one computer in my group

Check/Re-enter the Properties in the Computer & Contacts screen for the correct password. The only time I have seen the message you are getting is when I try the wrong password more than three times.  You can get to the Screen I am talking about by clicking the Down Aarow shown by a Yellow Aarow pointing at it then properties.

On principal I also recomend making sure that all of your Clients and Hosts are running the same, most up to date ideally, version of TeamViewer

TV C&C.png

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com