Announcements

Resolved - We fixed the degraded performance and all our systems are back online and functional. Please see also our Status page.

Highlighted
Posted by MacDknifeSwe
Henagon

Can only connect one way

Hi! 

A SaferVPN support person is having a problem connecting to me. We have tried both version 11 and 13. I have Windows 10 Pro Swe on a laptop using an open Wi-Fi connection, with web browser login in Alanya, Turkey. I can connect to her (remote desktop), but she cannot connect to me. I can also login to my account (ver 13) in TeamViewer, so everything seems to be working on my end, but there could be a blockage that I am not aware of.

I have e.g. Kaspersky Anti-Virus that has it's own VPN now in it's newest "Internet Security" version, but I have de-activated that function. Is there anything on my end that I could check or change that could perhaps solve the issue?

Thanks in advance,

MacD

5 Replies
5 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: Can only connect one way

Hello MacD,

If you are able to make outgoing connections but are unable to receive any, please check the following settings:
 1. "Extras" >> "Option" >> "Security" tab >> "Black and whitelist". 
     Ensure your partner is on the whitelist OR off the blacklist.
2. "Extras" >> "Option" >> "Advanced" tab >> "Show advanced options" >>
    "Advanced settings for connections to this computer" >> "Access Control". 
    Ensure this option is NOT set to "Deny incoming remote control sessions"

Hope this helps.

Yuhi

Highlighted
Posted by MacDknifeSwe
Henagon

Thanks for the reply Yuhi, but all those option settings are OK and set to "full access" (all default settings).

I did find a setting that TeamViewer uses UDP packets as default. Although my Kaspersky AV has full access for TeamViewer in it's firewall settings, it did block "Local Services (UDP)", which I have now changed to "according to program rules".

I will be checking this setting later on today in our attempt to create a remote session again

: P

/MacD.

Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Thanks for the update MacD,

I hope all goes well with the changes to the security software settings.
Please let us know of the results when you have time.
Thanks again.

Yuhi

Highlighted
Posted by MacDknifeSwe
Henagon

SaferVPN support considers the case closed as the initial VPN problem is now solved. There will be no TV test from their side and I have already checked that my end works with another TV user. So, I consider this case also closed, even if we did not come to a definite answer. Thanks again for your input, Yuhi.

: P

/MacD

Highlighted
Posted by OrangAware
Photon

Not totally my issue but found what I was needing in your suggestion to go to the 'Extras" >> "Option" >> "Security" tab. I could connect to one computer but I could not connect the other way. I thought I had the correct password but realized I did not have the password set in the options so could not log in.