Posted by crl
Henagon

Error Message: Waitforconnectfailed

Im getting this error that says No connection to partner, Partner didnt connect to router

Error code waitforconnectfailed

anyone know whats going on here?

43 Replies
Posted by halobender
Henagon

Re: Error Message: Waitforconnectfailed

Seems login servers for the service are down.  and all remote machines logged out.

Posted by crl
Henagon

thanx for the info

Posted by teamviewervnoir
Henagon

teamviewer says me that the remote computer is online: this means that the remote computer is not logged out, no?  

Posted by MiGo
Henagon

I've just experienced the same issue with many of my teamviewer host installations, since maybe 2 weeks. Before everythink works fine. PC is shown as online, but after start connecting I get the Error Message WaitforConnectFailed.

Henagon

What have we todo??

Posted by dimitrioscostas
Photon

I have the same problem. both computers online, TW ready to connect but i get the message above. 

is there anyone in Teamviewer team that can confirm there is an Teamviewer issue with servers or something? 

Posted by Joe_Wong
Photon

I had the same problem with Quick Support.

But the problem seems to be solved right now. It works again.

Posted by 1tpg1
Henagon

I can't login either. What is the fix?

Posted by faridtnx
Photon

Most probabely ur tw server pc is blocking a particular port number and does not allow ur client pc to initiate connection.
This usually can happen because of a host-based or network-based firewall with a port-restriction rule applied
Posted by Zac
Photon

I ma having the same issue. the machine is a virtual machine, It says it is on in my list of computers and when i check the console it is on but i still get the erro message. It is on teh domain and no firewall and on the machine. when i log on to the machine through VMware console i can then teamviewer on. i leave it over nigiht and when i try to TW on i get the error message. The machine doesnt sleep or hibinate,

Posted by hiroo
Digon

i'm having the same problem.  Teamviewer has been running on this Win10 system for a couple years without problems, and about a month ago it started having this connect problem.  I updated the installation and it works right after that, but then goes back to the waitforconnect failed.  if I reboot the machine or restart teamviewer, then it starts working again.  I have a couple machines where this happens (both Win10).

So something has happened to make these connects fail.  Maybe it was the Win 10 update?  or something on TeamViewer's side.

Posted by laurin1
Henagon

I'm having this issue suddenly, and it happens on restart as well. This is my 70 year old dad's machine and he is 3 hours away, so now he's stuck with a problem and I can't fix it due to not being able to connect.

Posted by SherylT
Henagon

Looks like their server is down.  Been having the problem for 3 hours now.

Posted by hy
Henagon

Having this same problem at the moment, won't sign into the server.

Posted by MiGo
Henagon

I've just pointed out, that if I disable IPv6 on the Host-PC, Teamviewer works very well...

Posted by sfs2017
Digon

Frustrating, All 50+ Computers online and when I go to connect I get this error.  This is a new error.  I have never had this before until this past week.

thanks

Posted by JMench
Henagon

I have the same thing going on with my work network. All pc's running Windows 10 seem to be affected. I contacted support and they gave me a lot of IP's and ports to whitelist/open but I really don't think that's the problem since other PC's on the netowrk are just fine. Frustrating. They didn't have any other information for me.

Posted by CardinalChaos
Electron

My only work around is to connect to my router (flashed w/ddwrt and internet facing via ssh) remotely and reboot it. Then I can make a connection inbound again to the devices (specifically in this case a win10 desktop) in that network. Don't seem to remember this error before teamviewer v12.

Posted by Iaacob
Neutron

For me it was Kaspersky who was blocking the connection, so it was a firewall issue.  I turned karspesky off for testing and it worked. 

Posted by CHRIS108
Henagon

Same error message,

Me on a mac   My father on a mac too but 400 kms away and 6 hours driving + he is 85 years old and definitely not tech savy (hence the use of teamviewer)

His connection is fine since he can surf the web ...  My connection too ...
But still the message on my side will be:  Your Partner is not connected to router   Code Error: WaitforConnectFailed

It would help if someone could confirm it is coming from Teamviewer servers and we just have to wait, instead of having to have him uninstall and then download and install the program again (quite sure he wont manage the complexity of it since this why we are using TW in  the first place...)

Posted by Gwent
Electron

I got similar problem like you: Waitforconnectfailed

If you have there someone, tell him just to exit and start teamviewer again. It should help.

In my case my second pc doesnt have monitor and there is noone who can look at it at the moment. And pc is also 500-600 km away.

So I have to wait until weekend.

I would appreciate remote reboot function :)

Posted by CHRIS108
Henagon

Thank you Gwent,
I will post the results tommorow when calling again my father and having him to restart TW ...
But it can be seen that this question was first asked in April 2017 and with so far no official answer from the TW team to at least let us know if the problem is on their side or local ... And in the later case what to do to bring back normal functionning ...

Posted by CHRIS108
Henagon

Highlighted
Posted by CHRIS108
Henagon

So everything went fine and back in order by restarting TV ....

So simple a solution that it is maybe the reason the TV team doesn't bother to reply on this thread ?
Let it be thenopportunity for us to THANK them for their wonderful product and the free use they are granting to individuals ...

5 Replies
Henagon

There is still no solution. To restart computer, y have to do 150 miles... Very stupid system.

Posted by mlnrlck
Henagon

try adding the device to ITbrain and there look for the teamviewer windows service and restart it.

Posted by Sebastian_S_RO
Digon

Chill everyone, I payed a lot of money for Teamviewer, for Business license and I get the same error. I am more frustrated than every1 of you because of this reason. I just have to ask somenone from the host location to restart the computer and then it works again. So no antivirus problem, no router problem , JUST TEAMVIWER PROBLEM !!
Henagon

yes. it's a real problem. I have to make 150 miles to restart the computer! I do not understand why Teamviewer does not fix this problem!!!

Vincent.

Posted by hiroo
Digon

I tried using Task Scheduler to kill the TeamViewer.com process every day and then start TeamViewer.com again. However, after a few days, ended up with no response again.  

I'm super inexperienced at Task Scheduler though.  I could not find any way to load any existing task to view/edit, although I found the saved task in the /SYSTEM/WIN32 directory.

Can somebody with more knowledge at Task Scheduler try making something like this to keep TeamViewer alive on a remote machine.

Posted by Sakar
Henagon

I have a SUPER SOLUTION for you guys. 

I come across that error all the time. I often get locked out by TeamViewer.

I always keep **Third Party Product** installed on the machine.

Whenever I have this problem, I log into the machine using **Third Party Product** and restart the machine or the TeamViewer app.

Posted by ClaudioJoao
Digon

This might be the best solution.
I have had this issue on too much a variety os systems to pinpoint another source other than a TV issue.Rebooting, with no config change sorts it ALWAYS.
As I see it, if a computer shows up as online, then some sort of comunication channetl is available to TV server (ie, not blocked in any way)
I am sure that, through code, this channel could be used for a remote session (even if slower, or limited).
I have TV 13 license, and was thinking about upgrading my account (I need mobile support more frequently), but now I think I'll invest my money on a alternative solution to install alongside TV, or eventually replace it.
Posted by zs
Henagon

This is real problem. I have two machines (out of 30-40) with this issue. I was able to connect this morning and I know that they are on line. Asking customer to reset is embarrassing. Installed version is version 13 HOST.  Must be TeamViewer bug of some sort. 

Posted by Emadviewer
Henagon

Any solution for this error yet?

Posted by Sebastian_S_RO
Digon

Ok.

That was it for me. I first noted this issue last year and it happened every now and then. Now, it occurs almost every day, on a variety of sistems. I am fed up with the ignorance of TeamViewer staff and whole the money I have payed for a connection sistem that is not worth it. 

I am sorry but I cannot continue like this. I am a support business and in my TV console I have almost 100 computers. This issue affects almost 10% of my remote managed computers, on a daily basis, with any configuration, any type of connection so is nobodys fault except Teamviewers.

I am pretty sure that it is something that can be easely fixed by a software update, but Teamviewer does not care.

All they care is charging a lot of money.

I am switching to **Third Party Product** as we speak.

Posted by Sebastian_S_RO
Digon

this is hilarious, the forum automatic moderator replaced  **Third Party Product** in my previous post, but if you look above a few posts, someone else clearly states that name and it was not replaced.

this is weird conspirational behavior from TV. 

i am switching right away ...

Posted by MRP24
Henagon

Dear 

Mr./Madam TeamViewer 

I had problem like Re: Error Message: Waitforconnectfailed, I was looking for resolve from forum teamviewer, but I didn't found conclusion for over come this problem.

please from your employee team for resolve my problem

Best Regrads

MRP24

Posted by Moderator Moderator

Dear @MRP24,

Thanks for your post. 

Is it possible, that you restart the service of the TeamViewer software for both sides?

If you restart the services, the connection should be possible afterwards. 

Looking forward to your answer. :) 

Best,
Natascha

Posted by hiroo
Digon

How does one restart the services on the remote side, remotely? Your suggested solution assumes that somebody on the other side is available to restart it. That may be the case in some situations, but there are also many situations where the remote machine needs to be accessed right now, and there is nobody there, or nobody that has the technical knowledge to restart the service. So your proposed solution really isn't a real solution. If we didn't need reliable remote access, we wouldn't need TeamViewer. Please escalate this issue up the chain so it can get a true fix.
Posted by ClaudioJoao
Digon

Agree...I posted a reply to @Natascha's comment, but somehow it didn't get through.

You essencially sum it up, more often than not there's no-one at the other side, and many times restarting is not an option ( tasks are running and we need to see them through).
Also, if it's a server, restarting handing out admin credentials to users ( not an option).

Opening the logs you see stuff like:

"CTcpConnectionBase[64]::HandleResolve(): Resolve failed, master4.teamviewer.com, Error: system:11001"

and then you use an alternative software to connect remotely, ping master4.teamviewer.com, and it resolves.

Error 11001 means nothing to us users, and during a 3AM call I don't want to google around for a possible solution. More meaningfull/usefull error would be nice.

TV is a remote support tool, it must be resilient to computer issues ( to a point, obviously).

In order to make TV more resilient to newtork errors,namely nameresolution, why not have a local copy of TV server's IP addresses?
And if connecting to one server fail, why not "round robin" to another IP?

If a certain host shows up ONLINE then it should be reachable remotely, because obviously it is communicating with TV somehow.

I run a "one man show", providing IT support to nearly 40 clients, so I need a reliable IT support tool.
Next week will begin testing an alternative solution, and not sure that I will upgrade to TV 14 ( I have used TV since version 11, and I am now on TV 13).

Best regards from sunny Portugal,
Cláudio João

Posted by Sebastian_S_RO
Digon

On the same page with ClaudioJoao In his post just replace 40 with 70, and Teamviwer 11 with 9, and you got my case, so a little worse.

Posted by charliejrwill
Electron

Re: Error Message: Waitforconnectfailed. Does anyone have an answer

Hi,

I am trying to use TeamViewer to connect to my home computer (a Windows 10 PC) from another computer (a Windows 7 PC). I have installed the software on both machines and have checked that it is indeed running, but every time I try to connect I get the following error

"No connection to partner! Partner did not connect to router. Error code: WaitforConnectFailed"

Your resource centre is not particularly helpful with this, because the advice is just to reinstall the software on both machines and/or shutdown and restart the software. I have done both of these things several times, but same error. Having read all of the other posts about this, it would seem that lots of people are having the same problem but nobody seems to have an answer (other than use other software).

Please advise.

Charlie

Henagon

Hi,

Can you give me informations about this "Third Party Product"? What is this and where can I find it?

I have the same problem as you sinds years and years and TemvViewer staff never made anything for that.

Problem is that I have nobody on site to "restart" my compuyters, miles and miles from home...

Vincent.

Posted by laurin1
Henagon

He means like **Third Party Product** - I do the same as no one product is fully reliable when you have nobody on site. Sucks, but a fact of life.