Announcements

Shape the future of the TeamViewer product with our Product Team. Click here to join!

Highlighted
Posted by tomt
Henagon

Failed to Ping on Teamviewer VPN

I had some problems pinging after VPN is still connected. The "Share Files via Explorer" doesn't work either and I had problems establishing a connection of other software over the VPN channel.

After some trial and error including deinstalling vpn drivers and so on, I deactivated the IPv6 option on the Teamviewer VPN Adapter. After this, the connection works as it should.

Win10: "Network and Sharing Center" --> "Change Adapter Settings" --> "Teamviewer VPN Adapter" --> Right Click --> "Properties" --> Uncheck "Internet Protocol Version 6"

In most cases IPv6 is not needed by now and therefore this will not result in any unwanted consequences.

6 Replies
6 Replies
Posted by dyress_ai
Digon

Re: Failed to Ping on Teamviewer VPN

Thank you. That totally solved my problem.

Posted by WileyOne
Photon

Me too.  Except that disabling IPv6 on both sides of the VPN did not fix it.

What else can I try?

Posted by dyress_ai
Digon

First time, this solution worked.

After Windows 10 Update and also update to TeamViewer 13, I cannot make it work.

Posted by JimPeta
Henagon

In Network and sharing, Look for a Network Bridge and remove it. This is causing the Ping problem. At least it fixed my situation.
Posted by zelezni
Henagon

Thanks a lot, tomt!
Posted by alexmatthew
Henagon

Thanks. That was the solution for me as well. VPN was working last night. Today no go untill I disabled IPv6

@tomt wrote:

I had some problems pinging after VPN is still connected. The "Share Files via Explorer" doesn't work either and I had problems establishing a connection of other software over the VPN channel.

After some trial and error including deinstalling vpn drivers and so on, I deactivated the IPv6 option on the Teamviewer VPN Adapter. After this, the connection works as it should.

Win10: "Network and Sharing Center" --> "Change Adapter Settings" --> "Teamviewer VPN Adapter" --> Right Click --> "Properties" --> Uncheck "Internet Protocol Version 6"

In most cases IPv6 is not needed by now and therefore this will not result in any unwanted consequences.