Getting repeated computer sign in notifications for the same computer.

Hi everyone.

I'm wondering if you could please shed some light on the following issue.

I've been using TeamViewer software for a few years now and this is the first time I have had this issue. I'm currently using TV12

I'm getting repeat notifications that one of the computers on the 'My Computers' list has just signed in. This is happening when the computer it is notifying me about is actually offline. In fact the mentioned computer is not even switched on when the notification pops up. It's not in hibernation or sleep mode. It's properly off.

Also. Other times when the mentioned computer is actually on and connected to the internet TeamViewer will notify me repeatedly that the computer has signed in. It will give me 3 - 5 notifications in the space of 5 - 10 seconds. Then a few minutes later it will do the same again. Previously to this I got only 1 notification that it's signed in and that's when it's turned on for the first time. And it's not because the computer is disconnecting/reconnecting from/to the internet. The computers connection works properly.

I have 3 - 4 computers in the My Computers' list and it's only one of them I'm getting the notification issue with.

These notifications only pop up for one of the computers in my list and it's the same computer every time.

It's quite strange behaviour.

So if anyone can offer an explaination as to why I'm getting these unusually random notifications and have a solution I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance.

Andrew :) 

Comments

• LSFS
    LSFS Posts: 2

I have the exact same experience.  Same number of computers/devices and same scenario with computer that is "properly off" signing in.

Does anyone have any info that could help out?

• Doesn't look like we are going to get any help here. I'm going to contact support directly.
  • LSFS
    LSFS Posts: 2

Please let me know how it goes.  I called them yesterday.  They suggested I post in the forums saying they haven't heard of this before.  I use the free version so I don't get support except through the community.  Which I understand.  So if they are able to help you at all please let me know what you find out!

• Oh... no support for free version. I have free too. :D

Whilst I do understand no support for free versions it doesn't do much to encourage me to go paid. There's plenty of other software where support is available with free versions. I might just be trying some of them. ;)