Highlighted
Posted by ken2esq
Henagon

I cannot stop automatic updates from Teamviewer 12 to 13!! How do I stop this?!!

I have a lifetime license for Teamviewer 12, which is fine with me.  However, my desktop computer keeps auto-updating to Teamviewer 13 EVEN THOUGH I always select "No automatic updates" and "check for new version:  never" in the advanced options.

When this happens, I uninstall Teamviewer 13, re-install Teamviewer 12, immediately go into advanced options and select "no automatic updates" and "check for new version: never" and then a few days later BOOM, I turn on my computer one morning to find that I now have Teamviewer 13 instead of Teamviewer 12.

This is unacceptable.  Apart from the fact that I keep getting threatening messages telling me I'm not licensed to use Teamviewer 13, my laptop has Teamviewer 12 and when I try to access my desktop from my laptop, it tells me that it cannot because my desktop is running a newer version.  So the product is useless to me unless I also upgrade my laptop to Teamviewer 13, which I do not want to do.  I just want to use my Teamviewer 12 Lifetime license that I paid good money for without this sneaky attempt to punish me for not paying for an updated license.

Can anyone tell me why and how Teamviewer is autoupdating to a new version even though I expressly change the advanced settings to forbid that?  And how I stop this?

Thanks,

Ken

6 Replies
6 Replies
Posted by Ratho
Photon

Re: I cannot stop automatic updates from Teamviewer 12 to 13!! How do I stop this?!!

Hi,

We've got the same problem.
We have a company license for version 8.

It's installed on 10+ computers and on all of them Teamviewer gets updated automaticly. (since 1 week or so)

We've tried to reinstall version 8 but after that the auto update starts again.
We've disabled auto update in the TW settings but that didn't help.

Called teamviewer support and they told me that version 8 isn't compatible with Windows 10 and that we need to buy/upgrade our license.

It has worked for the past 2 years on Windows 10 and now they blame a windows update for updating TW automaticly. 

Told them it's not acceptable.
The lady told me she would send me a log collector so they can check what's wrong but didn't received anything. (24 hours ago)

Posted by ken2esq
Henagon

Re: I cannot stop automatic updates from Teamviewer 12 to 13!! How do I stop this?!!

Yes, it sounds like TeamViewer is lying to you, mainly because this same thing is happening to me with TeamViewer 12 being automatically upgraded to Teamviewer 13, and I KNOW that TeamViewer 12 is compatible with Windows 10.  So that is no excuse for why my TeamViewer keeps updating even though I keep selecting NEVER for automatic updates.

I came in this Monday morning and it happened again.  Looking at the timing of the update, it happened Friday night hours after I had left my office, so no one was using the computer at the time, it was completely automatic and/or initiated by TeamViewer itself.

The file "rolloutfile.tv13" was installed on my computer at 8:25pm on Friday night, which appears to be when the auto-update took place.

So far, TeamViewer has not fixed the problem.

Posted by SEB_03
Henagon

Same with TV11

and then they tell you to buy abo for no more problems...

if i cant handle the manual reinstalling of 20 hosts every week anymore i buy something different, but TV does not deserve one cent for this behaviour

Posted by Johnita
Henagon

Same with Teamviewer 11 to 13! And I turned off the auto updates multiple times. They want me to send them log files from my computer but I don't think I should have to do that. Argh!

Posted by edwardmartin755
Electron

I have tried updating the TeamViewer with the best VPN router but it failed and I really do not know the reason behind it. So I have reported here and know the proper reason behind it.

Posted by AlessandroValli
Photon

Same here with TV 13

Same here. No way to prevent TV to update from 13 to 14. Also, then I get the message that commercial use is suspected.

This is ridiculous.