Is a remote connection without user intervention possible?

My father is 94 years old and lives in another State. With TeamViewer 12, is it possible to connect to his computer WITHOUT any intervention on his part; i.e., a password or button press for confirmation? I used to be able to do this with TeamViewer 11 when he had Windows XP but now I am setting up a new computer for him with Windows 10 and TeamViewer 12 and cannot seem to remotely connect to his new computer without either a password or a button push for confirmation. I really need to connect to his computer without any intervention on his part. Thanks for your all's time and assistance! Dave

Best Answer

Answers

• Thiersee
    Thiersee Posts: 51 ✭✭

Install TV Host on your father's computer giving a password and start with windows.

Your father will have only to switch on the PC.

Regards, Thiersee

• Hi Thiersee, thanks for the reply but I was not able to find "TV Host" because Googling it brings up too many other hits. Can you provide a link? Also, I am actually looking for a way to do this within the TeamViewer app itself. Is that possible? Thanks for your time and assistance! Dave

• Hi Thiersee, we both already have TeamViewer 12. With TeamViewer 10 or 11 (I forget which version), I was able to set up remote access by just "clicking" on his computer link. No action was required on his part. But with TeamViewer 12, it seems he either has to confirm the connection or give the password to connect. Am I overlooking something? That is what I am trying to figure out. Thanks! Dave

• Thiersee
    Thiersee Posts: 51 ✭✭

No idea if it has to do with Win 10; on my site (Win7 Prof, TeamViewer 12) it works perfectly.

Regards, Thiersee

• Hi tarek13,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You steered me in the right direction to finally figure out what I was doing wrong. Thanks again!!! Dave

• Hey PastorDATM,

no problem, I'm glad i could help :smileyhappy: