Posted by Nixontech
Henagon

Locking remote computer at the end of session

Teamviewer has just started to lock some but not all remote computers screens when the session ends. I have check that Lock Remote Computer is set to NEVER. I have made sure it's set on both remote and local PC but this is still occuring. It has only just started to do this as well as not adding some PC's to the Recent Connections list after connecting to them.

I need to fix this ASAP.Capture.JPGsetting to prevent lock

47 Replies
Posted by SteveT
Henagon

Re: Locking remote computer at the end of session

Same problem started with last two upgrades. Seems to be with software on local PC as it can be made to disappear by changing the never option to always and then back again on the local PC.  Problem then returns with the next restart. Another indication that it's the local PC that is doing it, is that it never happens if I control the same remote PC with the android version on my phone.

Posted by Nixontech
Henagon

Try this as a fix.

1. Note down the ID and Password of the remote PC

2. Logout of your account

3. Connect (while logged out), to the remote PC and disconnect

4. Log back into your account and test the connection again.

It appears there were some issues with account sync in the past that has caused this issue.

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback. I forwarded the problem to our development and they will have a look at this. I will keep you updated about it in this thread.

Cheers,

Julia
Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Posted by SteveT
Henagon

Went back to Ver12 and the problem disappeared. Then received this fix and upgraded again to try it and all seems ok at the moment though it was a  bit intermittent before so I guess time will tell. Thanx!

Posted by Discord37
Digon

Just came to look for a solution & say I'm having the same issue. Hope it gets fixed. I want to be able to toggle this option, not have to revert to older version & then go back to new version every time I need to change it. I'd like it on but it messes up certain programs I need to run while not there.

Win 10
Highlighted
Posted by SteveT
Henagon

Time did tell and the problem came back with a vengence after 2 days and nothing I tried would shift it short of rolling back the software. Currently using 13.1.1548 on my local PC and 13.0.5058 on the remote PC with auto update disabled. It's been ok everyday for over a week now so in the absence of some more confidence inspiring responses, I think I'll be leaving it like this until the next version comes out.

4 Replies
Posted by Saajid
Henagon

I'm suffering with the same problem. Is there a permanent fix for this as yet? As a premium user, I am disappointed at how long it is taking for this to be resolved.

Posted by Discord37
Digon

I reverted to V 12, then let it upgrade but it still locked my computer, maybe if I deleted settings it wouldn't but I'd rather not. I then went back again to v 12 and I guess I'm there until it's fixed.

Win 10
Posted by HaraldRoelse
Henagon

I am having a number of computers that are used for showing public info on a VideoWall. Some of these computers are now locking at the end of a session and now my Videowall is a mess. This should not happen and TeamViewer should handle this bug as VERY urgent. My bussiness is damaged by this unwanted bug.

Please mister Teamviewer, fix this with a high priority !!!

Posted by Discord37
Digon

I just found it's still happening with 12 now. I guess I have to do a fresh install of 12 and delete my settings which I find it really annoying to have to set everything up again.

Win 10
Posted by HaraldRoelse
Henagon

Could it be this has to do with the latest updates of Windows-10 ?

Anybody with this problem has the latest Windows-10 updates installed ?

Posted by Mike_H
Henagon

No, it also happen on Win 7 PC

Posted by Discord37
Digon

@HaraldRoelsewrote:

Could it be this has to do with the latest updates of Windows-10 ?

Anybody with this problem has the latest Windows-10 updates installed ?

I just got the update yesterday & it has been happening for weeks that I noticed. I had not tried to turn it off before.

Win 10
Posted by VVJT
Electron

@Discord37 wrote:

I just found it's still happening with 12 now. I guess I have to do a fresh install of 12 and delete my settings which I find it really annoying to have to set everything up again.

Yes, happens here every time when 12.0.95388 / Win8.1 is controlling another 12.0.95388 / Win8.1 system. Older 12.0 versions did not have this problem.

Posted by Discord37
Digon

I reverted all 3 of the computers I use to 12.0.95388, 2 are Win 10, one is Win 7, I thought it was ok but it's still locking my Win 10 main computer I access. So I have to go back older? I can't believe this issue is still not being fixed. It has ruined the program for me and many others. I do not like using old version of something like this. Old versions may have security holes.

Win 10
Posted by VladimirKrilov
Henagon

I had to rollback from 13.1 to 13.0 in the controlled PC to be able to disconnect from it without locking.

Posted by SteveT
Henagon

As previously mentioned I waited for the next version and installed it hoping that the issue would have been resolved. Installed 13.1.3629 on local & remote PC's and the problem returned once more.  Replaced remote PC software with Ver 13.0.1558 and it seems to have disappeared again. Up until I've resisted switching to Chrome Remote Desktop, using only as a fallback solution for when Teamviewer lets me down, mainly because in my location I can only use CRD with a VPN which can make it very slow sometimes. I hope the staff at Teamviewer are listening and will perhaps consider that having their system do anything other than disconnect at session end is a bad idea.  This also applies to the end of session notice that it puts up right in the middle of the remote PC screen (Very annoying if like me you use it to set up screen recording sessions on a remote PC in another country)

Posted by Discord37
Digon

I reverted my Win 10 comp that I remote to mostly to 12.0.6447 and it doesn't lock now. I really don't like using older versions for this type of app. I also have feedbacked their notice messages on disconnect. Sometimes 2 come up and if you have more than 2 you cannot log back in remotely unelss you have something else like chrome. So if you reconnect and something kicks you off before you can click them you are locked from your computer until you get to it in person or as I do now have chrome remote as a backup.

Win 10
Posted by warrior161
Digon

I've reverted everything back to version 11, having completely removed all references to Teamviewer from Hard Drives and registry. Thought it resolved the issue but it came back. Only cure was to have remote computers log on automatically. Not a good solution. Teamviewer have had a long time to resolve this and haven't. I suspect they have no intention of doing so.

Julia from the Teamviewer Staff posted in March that we would be kept informed on this thread. But we've heard no more.

TeamViewer Staff

Hi all,
Sorry for the late reply.
We will roll out a fix with the next release but we do not know when this will be published. I will of course inform you, when we published it.

Cheers
Julia
Posted by TimNNS
Photon

Is there any update to this?  It is a pretty big deal causing a great deal of inconvenience.

Posted by chris_w
Henagon

a fix for 12 or 13?

Posted by skrambam
Henagon

Why is there no answer to this very common question?
Posted by HaraldRoelse
Henagon

Hi, I dont know Why Tamviewer gives no answer.

I did receive a massage with :

Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you for getting back to us.
We got some news from our developers that this is unfortunately a known problem in the current version. Our developers are working on this matter.
We will contact you as soon as we receive further information. 
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

That was all.... never a word after that....

I will retry to see what they do about this

Posted by asw122
Henagon

Julia is there any update on this? Its a huge inconvenience and its now July. The issue was raised in March and you last updated in May. So 4 months since inception and 2 months since update. You're not exactly cultivating happy customers here.

Posted by ialreadyhaveone
Digon

Can we get an update now about:

1. When the fix will be published.
2. Which Versions will receive the fix.
3. Why there is/was such a lack of communication on your part.

We are very unhappy with this situation.

Thank you.
TeamViewer Staff

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience.

We published an InsiderBuild today with a fix for the problem (find out more about InsiderBuilds in our Knowledgebase). The fix will also be published in our next official release.

Cheers,

Julia
Posted by asw122
Henagon

@Julia wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience.

We published an InsiderBuild today with a fix for the problem (find out more about InsiderBuilds in our Knowledgebase). The fix will also be published in our next official release.

Cheers,

Can you please give us an approximate time frame for when an insider feature will be deployed to the main version? This has been going for 4 months already, so we'd very much like to know how much longer our software will be operating without full functionality - are we talking a couple of days, a couple of weeks or the order of months?

Posted by glnz
Tetragon

Same issue, using TV from my work Win 7 Pro 64-bit PC to access my home Win 7 Pro 64-bit PC.

ALSO - and I think this is related - Teamviewer will change the screen "Appearance" settings on the target (Master?) PC.  It does this erratically but frequently when I'm at my 7 PC and use TV to access my home XP machine - it turns on "Fade" on the XP machine in Display Properties - Advanced - Effects.

Digon

I enabled the insider builds in V12 client and have yet to see any update (>1h since enabling). When searching for updates I only get the misleading "Update to V13 now".

Can you please provide a little more than the bare minimum of information?!

1. Does this insider build address the issues in V12?
  2. What is the resulting build number/minor version after this "fix".

More questions that need to be answered:

1. Will V12 receive the fix in the "next official Release"?
  2. When will this Relase begin to be rolled out?
Digon

I just found a workaround that seems to work for us and which I'll deploy shortly.

Removing the "Lock Computer" from the "Ctrl + Alt + Del" menu by GPO seems to fix it in my case.

I found this here: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-11/how-can-prevent-to-lock-computer-when-connection-c...

@TeamviewerUser1: We are still very unhappy with this mess! Please address the questions that have been asked by paying costumers.
TeamViewer Staff

Hi,

The fix is now included in the official version.

Cheers,

Julia
Digon

• Can you please tell us the specific version?
  • Will this fix be available in Version 12?
TeamViewer Staff

Hi ialreadyhaveone,

The fix is for version 13 - I do not know when and if we will publish a fix for version 12. I already forwarded it to our prodcut management.

Cheers,

Julia
Digon

Thank you!!!!! I finally have an official statement on the issue!
Posted by warrior161
Digon

The Teamviewer Windows download page 

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/

Still shows version 13.1.3629 but the download Properties>Details shows version 13.2.5287. I only use Teamviewer to access my homne computer so not much of a test, but at least mine works

TeamViewer Staff

Hi warrior161,

Thank you for your feedback - I will forward it internally to the responsible department :)

Julia
Posted by glnz
Tetragon

Julia -
1) Will this also be fixed in the "portable" version of TV 13, which I use on my computer at work to access my home computer?
2) Please re-send the link to the "portable" version so I can download it.
3) I wrote above that "ALSO - and I think this is related - Teamviewer will change the screen "Appearance" settings on the target (Master?) PC. It does this erratically but frequently when I'm at my 7 PC and use TV to access my home XP machine - it turns on "Fade" on the XP machine in Display Properties - Advanced - Effects."
Has this also been fixed?
Thanks.
TeamViewer Staff

Hi glnz,

Thank you for your questions.

1. It should also be fixed for the portable in V13

2. You can find the dowload here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/

3. To be honest - I am not aware of a bug like that. Can you please check if it's still an issue and if yes, can you open a new thread here, link me and I will forward it to our development?

I hope my answers help.

Cheers,

Julia
Posted by glnz
Tetragon

Posted by TLarson
Electron

I have been also experiencing this issue and our company is currently running TeamViewer 14.1.3399. I have my settings configured to never allow it to lock the remote computer as I disconnect my session. What I have noticed is it will set itself to lock the remote computer if I remote in when no one is currently logged into it. If a user is logged in before I remote in, then it doesn't force me to lock upon disconnection. I know I had this problem also on previous versions, and we remote into a lot of different machines each day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! This particular issue gets under my skin when it happens. Other than that, this software is great!

Posted by p123
Electron

I am experiencing it on a Mac connecting to a Mac. Both running 14.1.9025. Extremely aggravating. In addition, the Mac version of TV does NOT have a setting to decide what should be done when disconnection occurs. So there is no way to set it to NOT disconnect. The problem did NOT use to happen in the past (can't recall which version).

Posted by Discord37
Digon

This issue just came back for me. Happening on laptops only, my desktop is not locking when I disconnect from it. I am 100% sure my setting is correct to supposedly never lock.

A few updates ago it started again but I thought maybe it's just a Win 7 issue and I ignored it since I was getting a new laptop soon. I just set up the new laptop and installed TV, made sure never lock was selected, but it's locking when I connect to it and end the session.

Also an access controls details window pops up.

Win 10
Posted by RHammer
Henagon

It seems to me to be related to remotely rebooting the computer.  

For me, from TeamViewer, rebooting the computer and then coming back to the computer after it boots up, the "Lock Computer" setting is checked (although it is deselected before the reboot).  

Hope that helps.

~Hammer

Posted by Discord37
Digon

When this happens I have not rebooted the remote computer at any point. I have just eneded my session.

Win 10
Posted by mark_mthws
Neutron

Having the same issue with Mac, seems there is no fix and you have to remember to uncheck the setting on every session. If you do not, then the remote machine needs a restart before TeamViewer can connect again...

untick_this_everytime.png

Posted by mark_mthws
Neutron

@Julia  Is there a fix for Mac on Version 14.2.8352 so that it can be set as default?