Lost control over remote session

Options

My teamviewer was working the day before yesterday but now I can login to and see the remote PC but have no control while in it. Windows 10 on both PCs. I have rebooted the PC that I am trying to manage and the one I am trying to control from. Teamviewer is upto date as are the two win10 PCs. What do I need to do to get my remote control back?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @Telpage

Thank you for your message.

Could you please make sure, you have Full access set up on the remote computer?

You can verify this in the TeamViewer options under Extras → Options → Advanced → Advanced settings for connections to this computer as below:

123.png

Also, please verify if you have Full access on your local computer.

You can verify this in the TeamViewer options under Extras → Options → Advanced → Advanced settings for connections to other computers as below:
    1234.png

I hope this could help.

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• Telpage
    Options

Yes, that is just what mine looks like. I lost control from PC-1 to PC-2 but from PC-2 to PC-1 it works fine. I can see the remote desktop of PC-2 from PC-1 but can't control it.

• PatrickBe
    PatrickBe Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

It's my first TeamViewer session between mine (Win11 Pro) and remote (Win10 Home) laptop.

I have connected both laptops with **bleep** to download TeamViewer to the remote laptop. I've started the TeamViewer session and everything was working for 2 hours.

Then 'A new version of DivX is available' window appeared on the remote laptop. I couldn't close it, so I've launched Task Manager on the remote laptop. Then suddenly I lost control on the remote laptop.

I see the mouse on the remote laptop, but can't click anything apart from every 30 minutes **bleep** reminder to continue the session. I see I was logged out on Santander website I was logged in, I see the correct time on the remote laptop, but I can't do anything.

Any suggestions how to solve the problem?