Highlighted
Posted by Bunando
Henagon

Random Password always giving me a new password

I am using this as a personal, so that could be the cause but every time I exit TeamViewer or restart my computer, even though I have the setting set to disable random passwords and only keep 1 password until I chose to reset it manually, TeamViewer keeps on changing my password. Is it supposed to be like that? If not, what's wrong? 

2 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Solution

Re: Random Password always giving me a new password

Hi Bunando,

As you said, this password is random. This means it is randomly generated on each restart. You can stop the random password from regenerating on new sessions, but it is still a random password.

The random password is for Ad-hoc connections and is not designed for unattended access.

If you want unattended access, just go to Extras > Options > Security and create a personal password. This one will not change.

I hope this helps :)
-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
2 Replies
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Solution

Hi Bunando,

As you said, this password is random. This means it is randomly generated on each restart. You can stop the random password from regenerating on new sessions, but it is still a random password.

The random password is for Ad-hoc connections and is not designed for unattended access.

If you want unattended access, just go to Extras > Options > Security and create a personal password. This one will not change.

I hope this helps :)
-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
Posted by Bunando
Henagon

Thanks for the help!