Requires update but says none available

I am using TeamViewer on my MacBook at home to connect to my PC at work. At some point in the past week I have started getting an error message on my home computer about needing to update my TeamViewer. It says "Your partner is using a newer version of TeamViewer and you need to update your version of TeamViewer to establish a connection".

The problem is, when I'm in my TeamViewer, it tells me that there are no updates available and that the version I'm using (version 10.0.52680) is the most current and up to date. But it still will not let me connect. I tried completing shutting down the TeamViewer on both computers to see if that helps. The problem is I obviously can't be in both places/on both computers at the same time. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to try next? I am going on maternity leave in a matter of weeks and I desperately need to be able to access my work computer while I am gone.

Best Answer

Answers

• abbie317
    abbie317 Posts: 1

Hi, I am having the same problem, did you ever figure it out?

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi there,

You have to make sure that your connection partner uses the same or an older version of TeamViewer to make a connection.

A connection from TeamViewer 10 is possible to another TeamViewer in version 10 or an older version like 9.x or 8.x. That means TeamViewer is backward compatible but cannot connect to newer versions.

If your connection partner has a newer TeamViewer version running, you can either update your own TeamViewer version to TeamViewer 13 or you can ask your partner to start a TeamViewer in an older version.

Please keep in mind: If you have a license for an older TeamViewer version, you will have to update your license first to make licensed connections with a newer TeamViewer version.

Thanks and all the best, Esther.

Former Community Manager

• tbone1
    tbone1 Posts: 1

My friend just got a brand new Dell Inspiron 7xxx 64bit running WIN10 Home. He has TV 14.5.1691 . This is the same version I am running yet TV gives me a notice that I can't connect to partner because he is running out of date. Tried re-bot, uninstall/re-install on BOTH out computers yet I still the same message. My friend can connect to my computer fine Any ideas on how to fix this?

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @tbone1 

Thank you for your message.

Can you please send me your email address in a private message? 

Looking forward to your answer and wish you a great day. 

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Hi @Natascha 

I'm experiencing a similar issue. I'm trying to connect to a host that claims to be using a more recent version of Teamviewer. But there is no newer version to update to!! I'm running TV 14.7.1965 on macOS, trying to connect to a PC with Win10. 

• This worked fine, thank you. I had he same issue, connecting to windows from mac

• This is NOT solved.  Yet again, TV14 will not update to 15 for me and manually trying to DL TV15 gives me errors on three different browsers that the request can not finish (sorry, i'm on a german pc, so i don't know what the actual error message in englisch is...)
    it's about once a year that i travel and am more dependant on TV than ever, and ever again it fails me in some way...

i am the "IT guy" in the small company i work at and this time i WILL make sure that we do away with TV.  This whole thing has become one big cash grab anyway...

• dragosrasvan01
    dragosrasvan01 Posts: 1
    edited August 2021

i can confirm this issue still exist..

pic attached.

solution i did

1) update reboot

2) uninstall reboot

3)reinstall reboot

running mac os catalina 10.15.7

ps: support not really helpfull

as i understant TW have support for subscription .. they fast and whant your money starit away .. but twhen i t come to support full ignore