I've been using the TV API at https://webapi.teamviewer.com/api/v1/ for a long time, and it's always been working great.
I only use the "/api/v1/devices" enpoint, and a couple weeks ago it completely stopped updating remote client online states.
The online state of a client is the state at the creation of the API key, after that the state is frozen. Even though I can see the remote computer going online and offline in the console and on the Windows app, but the state never changes in the API.
Is the API broken? This was working fine and was a very useful endpoint to check my remote computer state. Now there is no way to check state programmatically any more.
How can I fix this issue? Why did the API stop working?
I'm still experiencing this issue more than a year later than the original post, with the latest release of TeamViewer 14...
It really looks like an API problem as both in the web management console and on the regular client, I can see the current correct status of the devices...
Same here. Still have this problem. I have just a guess, that it may be related to some sort of throttling issue. I've resorted to slowing my updates significantly, and using multiple API keys and rotating them.
For now I'm rotating them manually as soon as I noticed the updates get stuck, but there might be some idea to create an automatic "roudn robin" system where each request comes from a pool of keys, so that a single key does not get used too many times in a row.
Rotating each key every X minutes (once per hour for example) could also be worth trying.
As for the update interval, when I was doing once per minute I had a lot of issues. Now I'm down to once per 5 minutes on average. Seems crazy the server can't handle one request per minute, but so far it seems to have reduced the stuck updates significantly.
In any case as soon as you change the API key after a stuck update, the thing comes back to life. For now I use two keys, and that seems to be enough. When one is dead, the other seems to work.