i have noticed high cpu usage when idle - about 10-20%
My system details (OS etc):
win 7 64 bit
8 gb memory
Also if i restart TeamViewer service and app few times it can back to normal and use about 0% cpu, but some time later it suddenly back again use about 10-20% cpu when IDLE.
I found similar problem here - https://www.reddit.com/r/teamviewer/comments/885hmk/teamviewer_1220_cpu_usage_when_idle/
but there is no solution except restart service and program again and again... Also on previous versions i can't remember such things...
I think it's not normal. does anyone noticed this except me?
I have the same problem, difference is that even service\process restart doesn't help at all.
Hi teamviewer support,
this issue is hitting hundreds of computers and is an issue for my clients. I have uninstalled teamviewer completely based on guidance from Ninja RMM support. It is not helping.
we think it might be caused by the Enable Integrated System Health Checks in the advanced UI.. I tried finding documentation on what those checks are (just disk space, etc)
1) do you have documentation
2) is there a way to disable them globally?
Same issue on Windows 10, 50% CPU usage when TV is running in the background. Looks like this has been an ongoing issue for years. I advise finding alternative software, TeamViewer doesn't appear interested in fixing this.
THIS worked for me:
1. Go to Teamviewer Options
2. Select "Advanced" on the left pane
3. "Show advanced options" button on the right side
4. Scroll till you find "Disable hardware acceleration" and checkmark✔ it
5. Select "OK" to close out the options
how do i make that change on 200 computers? I have the ability to uninstall and reinstall TV, is there a config file i can pass in?
Do you work for Teamviewer? or do i file a ticket about how i am getting hammered by my clients for having unusable computers and it ges handed off to the community?
I don't work for Teamviewer
to submit a ticket, the link is at the bottom of the site:
As for config file, in the same advanced options, scroll down & you will find "Export options to a *.reg file".
You can then import that *.reg file to each client, but I don't know how to do many clients simultaneously
NinjaRMM supports scripting you may want to contact their support about deploying the *.reg file via Ninja. I've only got a couple machines doing this or I'd work on it myself.
I think this (disabling hardware acceleration under the advanced options) worked for me. I also disabled all logging, so I'm not sure which one actually did it and I don't care to find out. CPU usage is now close to 0% even when there is an active client connected to my computer. Thanks dzo!
It was short-lived. Disabling hardware acceleration lasted more than a few hours but it came back worse, CPU usage was about 97% wherease previously, it was around 40%. I may have to switch to **Third Party Product**. :-(
This is apparently an issue with the latest version. I too have found CPU usage of around 35% on two separate occasions.
Will try the acceleration settings, but Teamviewer definitely should look into this.
Pretty rediculous that TeamViewer has been aware of this issue for well over a year now and has done nothing obvious to rectify the problem. We cant stay with a solution that runs up the CPU on 25/150 clients. Will submit a ticket and share here with you guys the response.
There was an update today although it didn't address this issue in its change log. So far, so good, but it's been only a few hours. I've had it where it goes for a couple of days with low CPU utilization and then it shoots way up again. Not good. The one nice thing with TV is that you don't have to set up Dynamic DNS to access it from the internet, so I'm going to give this new version a try. If it doesn't work out, it's time to ditch it and go with TVNC.
I stopped using Teamviewer because of this issue, which is significantly slowing down my computer with both Teamviewer .exe files using around 20% of my CPU each.
Have not decided to install other party software yet.
Me, too. I went with TVNC and a ssh tunnel. Required a lot more setup, but it's blazingly fast and at least I know all traffic goes through my own server encrypted.