Announcements

Here you will find the download links for all modules
in version 9: TeamViewer 9

Posted by p421id
Digon

false positive account?

Hi, I use teamviewer 13 and apply latest update, I am free user. I  never use for commercial purpose/machiine.

I have been using teamviewer for the past few years to sometimes support family and most of the time (99%) just to access my desktop at home.

I switch laptops a lot though, but that has never caused a problem for me. Not sure if this is the issue.

Only when this update 13 dropped I am flagged as a commercial user, which I am absolutely not.

I use mostly windows 10 enterprise for the operating system, sometimes windows 10 pro but not on all systems.

Please fix the issue for me!

Posted by LuisNaldo7
Henagon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Same for me. The only thing that could make TV think I'm a commercial user is that my machines are running 24/7
Posted by nortiz76
Henagon

Teamviewer thinks I am using this for commercial use!

I use teamvier for my personal computer for many years.  All of a sudden, Teamviewer thinks that I am using it for commercial and want me to buy a licesnse.  How do I contact them to rectify this?  I tried calling them but I get no where becuase I am a free user and do not have a license number.

Please help!!

Posted by johnbrown
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer: Commercial use

As I submitted this to TV, of course, I got an error message.  Sorry to have to do this like this TV but I can't find any other way to get to a solution that as a free version user, I am entitled to.

YES! Your decision to go after everyone using free TV is criminal! All of us who help family and friends are getting **bleep** by TV. People that count on our help cannot get immediate help as you force us to find the time to go to their homes to fix their problem, as that also wastes our (MY) time. You are cold hearted and greedy with no regard for your actions to increase your revenue. I complied and sent you the information you requested, as you apologized that it will take a long time to fix because you have such a large backlog to deal with. Meanwhile our family and friends and ourselves SUFFER because of your blind actions! You need to normalize my TV immediately!!!

Your failing to do so will cause me to leave a copy of this message everywhere I can find that discusses TV AND to go public looking for as many TV free users that have endured your horrible actions against them and create a campaign to to tell the truth about your actions and to provide them with other means to use similar free services!!!
Finally, I will bring in a corporate attorney to consider what actions we can take against your company, as well as what compensation we should seek!!!

[Email address removed by Moderator per community guidline]

Posted by Brandoaz
Henagon

Commerical use AGAIN.

i know there are several threads, but maybe just maybe someone can get me back in action:
first got "tagged" back in march ,submitted ticket # : 3966522, resolved in 4 days:
got tagged agian 5 days ago, responsed to the original ticket and was told no issue/ mo comerial use suspected. i tried again, still getting the popup and warning, responded to original ticket agian, nothing.

Started a second ticket and resubmitted the log:
Ticket ID: 4266154

Please can someone form Teanviewer get this resolved for me i am NOT using the software commercially, i use it to help family a friends, NO charging for any help.

Posted by p421id
Digon

Re: Teamviewer thinks I am using this for commercial use!

this needs to be resolved immediately, unacceptable trying to force personal users to buying a license
Posted by webseodev
Henagon

Stunning advertising company of competitors was successful. I almost completely refused to use (in any kind) TV [Removed per Community Guidelines] . I did not write any tickets. But now I can again use TV as a private user. Suspicions in commercial use have disappeared by themselves. Probably they waited for the payment to come to **Third Party Product**. ROFL

Posted by annoyed
Photon

Commerical Use !!

Dear Teamveiwer I was told by sales to submit a ticket.... got a ticket number a month ago and no one has replied. Because.... ?  I am a free user, I had to change my email address from my personal to my work email as we got hacked. I use teamveiwer to cotact my hushband and daughter,s, one who has health issues and requires constant care. Team viewer is the fastest way of reaching my family when something goes wrong. But since I had to change my email address to my work email address you keep dropping me out, saying I am a business !! And yet no one has bothered to contact me. I noticed in a similar post that you noted this is public forum and should be taken up with support.... a bit hard to get support when no one replies... My ticket number is 4208519. I am hoping that my next post shall be more positive so anyone who wishes to actually purchase the license knows that we also be getting support when required. 

Posted by blc
Henagon

Re: Commerical Use !!

i got a reply after approximately a month. It said they switche it back to free, yet the commercial message still pops up. i've submitted another ticket but dont have high hopes

Posted by waces
Trigon

Re: Commerical Use !!

OK, so TV officially ignores the free uses. THis forum is not for getting support (_NO_ tv supporter in the threads, there are a few mods with limited/zero technical knowledge (which is fine as they role only to keep the forum nice and tidy but not to answer the users).

The questions are still valid and unanswered ones:

Dear TV "support", as the days goes by and we never ever received any support from your end please take a minute to answer the questions below:
- what's the official and working support way for free users, if any (this forum is more like user's discussion and not the place where we receive information from the customer support team.)
- will ever TV send out proofs about the commercial usage for the users _before_ they become banned? if not, why?
- do you still believe you have right to ban users without prove the violation? it's nothing more than false acquisition. Without proper notification and valid proofs it's a bit unfair. I personally believe that you simply _can't_ prove the violation. Now it's your turn to talk round. [pro tip for free: stop banning the users now -> create a proper algorithm and a proper notification schedule -> distribute it -> start banning users after you can prove something. You're welcome]

I'm more than happy to get a mail about my previous issue where someone from the technical team point out where and how I violated the free user policy. Even in public.
Posted by Grandmstrbud
Trigon

Re: Disconnect after one minute

I don't mind  **Third Party Product**. All TV does anymore is come in and remove posts. I wonder how much they have made from legit personal users who gave in and purchased it? 

Posted by cpatafio
Henagon

Re: Commercial use suspected pop-up message

Hello All...

I've been having the same issue for the last year. The message starts popping up, I submit a request to fix it, several days later I receive confirmation that it's been fixed. That resolves it for several months... then, it starts up again and I go through the same process all over again.

The reason I'm posting here this time is because, this time, it's been over a week with no response from TV. To make matters worse, even though the message states I'll be cut-off after 5 minutes, I actually get cut-off after about 10 seconds!

Anybody have any better luck getting this issue permanently resolved?

Clem

Posted by Louis19
Electron

Error submitting the Commercial Use Suspected Ticket Form

I got an error when submitting the Commercial Use Suspected Ticket Form

Please Help. Thank you!Teamviewer Error.JPG

Posted by Elbimster
Neutron

Re: Account says I am commercial

I'm getting the same message. Very frustrating. How do they know what we're doing while logged in? Are they viewing our computers? Pretty sure that's a privacy violation . . . .
Posted by jmpaq
Henagon

Hi, I have been using the free version.

I would just like to know how you can submit a ticket without a lilcense number.

Posted by Brandoaz
Henagon

Re: Commerical use AGAIN.

Just wanted to say thank you to Teamviewer for resoving my issue as i posted it below . i am back to being able to use the free version without issue.  Not sure if this post or the trouble ticket i submitted or both that triggered the help.
Thank you again

@Brandoaz wrote:

i know there are several threads, but maybe just maybe someone can get me back in action:
first got "tagged" back in march ,submitted ticket # : 3966522, resolved in 4 days:
got tagged agian 5 days ago, responsed to the original ticket and was told no issue/ mo comerial use suspected. i tried again, still getting the popup and warning, responded to original ticket agian, nothing.

Started a second ticket and resubmitted the log:
Ticket ID: 4266154

Please can someone form Teanviewer get this resolved for me i am NOT using the software commercially, i use it to help family a friends, NO charging for any help.

Posted by sathees10
Photon

connection blocked

Blocked because commercial use suspected. what does it mean ?. how can i establish connection with my devices ?. help me

Posted by mbehmazia
Digon

Re: Commercial use detected, but it`s private use ?!

I am having the same issue as well. Just started with version 13. Teamviewer's algorythem for commercial detection sucks. Whoever wrote it should be fired. I have been a free user for persnal user for 5 years, now I can't use anything. Bad move Teamviewer

Posted by Kuechenbulle49
Electron

Re: Free License Limitation

Dear Team Wiever Ladies and Gentlemen, my friend Christian Kühl (claw) has a big problem. You mean that he uses the TeamWeaver commercially, that's not the case, I swear he just helps me and his girlfriend in case of problems. I ask you to unlock the system with him. Greetings Dirk Hirth ([email address removed by moderator per Community Guidelines]
Maschinelle Übersetzung
Posted by Dadwithtowel
Henagon

After several years of great free use, i am now being flagged as commercial.  I am only using it for the computers in my own house and only for my own projects.  I tried to submit a ticket, but I don't have a licence number, is there a way I can have my account reviewed and reset to personal use?

Posted by Entium
Henagon

At this point I have gotten NO **bleep** response from Teamviewer, this coming weekend I WILL set up my own VPN and will tell my IT guys at the company I work for COMCAST/NBC NOT TO USE TEAM VIEWER ANYMORE

Granted I'm using the free one for not work purposes just my home systems and devices, but still this is rediculous behavoir for a company that makes 45 bucks a month a single **bleep** license!

Posted by woodyboy
Trigon

Go to this page and fill out form. I was approved for FREE use after a 30 day wait. **bleep**

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/?_ga=2.121236104.1205480180.15334225...

@jmpaq wrote:

Hi, I have been using the free version.

I would just like to know how you can submit a ticket without a lilcense number.

Posted by ericsatie
Digon

..and everytime I access my own pc, I need to reconfirm it as "known". The same happens with the usual browsers and, every time I have to authorize it! To say that it is stupid behavior is a great compliment!!!:-))
Posted by cmderrx
Digon

After reading through all of the same issues that I am also experiencing and not seeing even 1 reply for a resolution it is apparent that TV does not care. 

Best responses from TV are post edits by moderators. 

If your throwing your product out there and advertising FREE personal use then support it or remove it.  The company actions are revealing their true nature and I can only expect no support even if I were to buy commercial use.  TV is living up to the trend of no customer care or support.  I am sure that part of the goal of the free private use is to drive people to a paid use but the total lack of care to even respond to this matter only leads me to believe that I would receive the same lack of care or response to isses as a paying customer.

Thanks for the "heads up" TV, I now know what NOT to pay for!

Edit:  I just looked at the page tab of my browser and see "Solved:..."  Really?  Where is the resolution?

Posted by tarascon
Trigon

@cmderrx wrote:

After reading through all of the same issues that I am also experiencing and not seeing even 1 reply for a resolution it is apparent that TV does not care. 

Best responses from TV are post edits by moderators. 

If your throwing your product out there and advertising FREE personal use then support it or remove it.  The company actions are revealing their true nature and I can only expect no support even if I were to buy commercial use.  TV is living up to the trend of no customer care or support.  I am sure that part of the goal of the free private use is to drive people to a paid use but the total lack of care to even respond to this matter only leads me to believe that I would receive the same lack of care or response to isses as a paying customer.

Thanks for the "heads up" TV, I now know what NOT to pay for!

Edit:  I just looked at the page tab of my browser and see "Solved:..."  Really?  Where is the resolution?

There is no resolution because there is no "glitch". This is all by design. Dumping free users using a passive-aggressive technique.

Posted by cmderrx
Digon

Oh I agree! I was trying to be nice as I could. The real resolution is obvious to me; uninstall TV and use my other options. This is obviously not going to even be addressed by TV! Sad!!!
Posted by RetiredTeacherD
Henagon

Re: Reset licence - free user

They do not respond to the form very quickly.

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

WTH!!! Commercial use Suspected for using this Software 4-6 times a month???

what the **bleep** guys, Again you have Mucked with my account, it seems like at least once a year I am submitting this Email to you, What Gives?
Now you won't even Accept the Email so I will post it here and wait 5 business days for a resolution, then I am going to smear this statement all over every social media profile I have.

if I were connecting to multiple systems at once, or an outrageous number of of systems per day or month I could see your thinking I was using this commercially. but connecting to 2-6 computers a MONTH is NOT commercial use.  Please remove the Block from my account again or I will simply Switch my method of helping my Family and I will Make sure to VLOG and Blog about why you should NEVER use TeamViewer unless you are a commercial customer.

Original Message from 3 years ago when it started.

ok… I do not know who to write this to, I am the only computer literate person in a large family, (5 sisters + their husbands, mom and dad, and 19 nieces/nephews) not including my wife and laptop.  I just recently began getting a message stating that you suspect commercial use and your product is no longer working the way it has for the last 2-3 years.

what the **bleep** gives?  I finely get my family trained enough so that they can find the link, and click on it and give me the code to help them, and now the program no longer works?

I have no issues contributing to the cost of running your services. if you had a reasonably priced family package for non commercial use. but as I do not make any money from doing anything for my family, and I can’t easily drive to GA from CA, please help me resolve this issue.

Highlighted
Posted by Fidolido
Trigon

Re: WTH!!! Commercial use Suspected for using this Software 4-6 times a month???

you are breaking the rules.... one computer, ok,..... but more than five? pay for a license already or use something else.... I don't like teamviewer's new subscription theme either but have an older license, version 12 as I connect to family and work. But that doesn't stop them from trying to trick me into updating to version 13 whereas if I did, I'd be locked out of my contract with version 12. I don't blame them for trying but there will be a day when they will f me royally. No worries though, I have alternatives in the works as I'm tired of the games they play. Look on line for alternatives.....

Posted by tarascon
Trigon

Re: Reset licence - free user

@RetiredTeacherD wrote:

They do not respond to the form very quickly.

Responding to the form and "removing" the limitations often changes nothing.

Posted by Bengal313
Electron

Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected'

I am using Teamviewer strickly for personal use.  I connect to my home computer from the work computer and vice versa.  Things I do is browse the web and listen to music.  Nothing commerical related.  But I do connect multiple times a day.  My work computer is on a domain.

Teamviewer_error.jpgtv2018-07-23_9-43-02.jpg

Posted by jae71
Henagon

I hadn't logged in for probably 12 months.

Try to use it to help my deaf 80yr old mother and blocked by Team Viewer.  

Overly sensitive to whatever past use it thinks is commercial.  Overpriced anyway - otherwise I'd pay a reasonable amount.

Very dissapointed - and from the messages here it's probably not worth trying to contact support.

Posted by teacher24_70
Henagon

Re: You can't open a ticket, instead look at the first post i...

I'm trying to fill this form out, but it's asking for my "device ID".  Where do I find that?  I'm running TeamViewer on my Mac currently and I don't see a "device ID" in the software interface anywhere.

Posted by gregb2048
Electron

Commercial use message after cloning hard drive to SSD.

I have a computer that I cloned from a platter hard drive to a solid state.  Now TeamViewer is giving the "commercial purposes" message.  The connection is not being used for commercial purposes.  How can we get around that?

Thanks,

Greg

Posted by Boxallw
Digon

Same issue. However I have had my account verified and reconfirmed it is not commercial. Email confirmed it. BUT I just went to use it today for the first time and it still says it is commercial. Disappointing.

Posted by Jai_Hicks
Henagon

Me and my lover were about to play games, but TV said that usage was commercial for some reason. It was strange, because we just started the translation when it happened.

Posted by Harti
Henagon

Teamviewer wants to earn money, so when you are useing TV regulary you start to get warnings about comercial usage - and later you have a 60seconds usage per session only. I saw a message about writing to support and claiming not to use it comercial - but I never got an answer other than the automatical response mail.

TV is a great solution (and often the only working one!) but 30 Bucks a month is too high for not earning money with it. Even 30 Bucks a year would be a pain, but this would be affordable.

/Harti

Posted by VinhTran
Henagon

Re: Team viewer not working more than 5 min ,even after login with registred user. only work on team

Please help me, I have same issue (5 min disconnection).

My account is: [email removed by moderator]

My license is persional / free

Posted by RemotePC
Digon

Re: You can't open a ticket, instead look at the first post i...

Save the time and switch to a different tool. All that will happen is they tell you you are free to use TV again and the next day you are locked again and have to play the same game again.

Take TV off the list of usable tools and be rest assured, there are other tools out there that work as good and are supported by an organization that cares about their users. Yes, it may cost you a few bucks, but after the experience with a "free" tool, I was more than happy to pay that.

@teacher24_70 wrote:

I'm trying to fill this form out, but it's asking for my "device ID".  Where do I find that?  I'm running TeamViewer on my Mac currently and I don't see a "device ID" in the software interface anywhere.

Posted by Sandstorm_
Electron

Personal Use doesn't work

Hello,

I'm using Teamviewer since many year, occasionally and for my personnal use (I use it on my personal computer and my personal laptop). I'm using a free teamviewer account that permit me to easily connect my computer and my parent's computer.

Since around One Month, I can't use TeamViewer : I receive a message saying "professional use need a licence"... The connection works but stopped after few seconds...

I d'ont know why because it's just a personal use... I try to uninstall and reinstall TeamViewer, but it doesn't fix this issue.

Could you help me ? 

Thanks

Best regards

Steven

Posted by spacecoastbill
Photon

TV- Youre killin me!.....our system detected commercial use

I only use TV for personal use.  I tried the link to get the restriction removed, but never got a response and I still cannot use TV.

When can I get the personal use TV back?

Posted by Bainbridge
Henagon

Suspected Commercial Use

I have 3 computers in my basement running Seti@Home 24/7. One also handles my email. I access the 3 computers and read/reply to email from a laptop in my living room via Teamviewer 13 usually late in the evening and early morning hours. Sometimes I also connect to my daughter's laptop to diagnose problems for her. A couple of years ago I got the annoying pop-ups about suspected commercial use. I reported it and they were turned off. Recently I started getting progressively larger pop-ups and then finally my sessions were terminated after 5 minutes. I filled out the problem ticket form for my 4 computers and now the 5 minute cut-off has stopped but I still get the pop-ups. I've been retired for 18 years and no longer have any commercial ties to any work networks.etc. My question is what kind of useage pattern is being detected that would trigger suspected commercial use?

Bob B.

Posted by Umeshaggarwal
Photon

TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

I have install teamviewer 13 in My pc as Personal Use after some days i have connect with my friend for study related work such as word document related work. its after 2 seconds teamviewer teamm blocked your connects.

if team is looking/ reading the Quote please give me the solution.

Thank You.

Posted by Giocorone
Henagon

Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected'

Good morning,

I use Teamviewer  from my pc at work for see my pc at home, but from  1 week I cannot use it because software  answers me that I make a commercial use.

My use is only as private!!

Anyone can help me please?

Thanks

Posted by Giocorone
Henagon

The same for me, but I connect only my home's pc from my work's pc... and start few days ago I cannot connect them. Please note that I don't make a commercial use, but software Tv writes I'm a commercial only I stay connected form more time.
Posted by Helping_Hand
Electron

Re: TeamViewer why free

I have used the Free Version for personal use wihtout issue for about a year.  I log on to a remote computer around once every other week.  I have not needed to access the remote machine for about 2 months - but when I went to log in today I saw a message that I have been "flagged for commercial use".  Any Ideas on how to get that flag removed?

Thanks!

Posted by mcmurrak
Henagon

Click link to get account released, wait forever, click and submit form again, wait some more, click once again and still hearing crickets. On this page https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-... it asks the question - "Are we trying to force free users into paying for the usage of TeamViewer?" and TV answers no. I call **bleep**, you're just hoping that users give in and pay the blackmail, sorry, upgrade price without knowing they don't have to. Of course, we have to wait forever for our accounts to be cleared and then a few weeks later it locks up again. Sorry, TV, I'm done with you. Will be deleting my account. Knew the writing was on the wall a couple of years ago when you tried something similar. I wouldn't mind paying if you had a reasonable pricing structure for what we're asking but even your so-called discounted $36.75 per month is ridiculous. There are other products out there and I will be switching to them ASAP. Goodbye TV, you were okay while it lasted but now you're **bleep**.

Posted by cmderrx
Digon

I did receive a reply to my "sales inquiry" and concerns of Private vs Commercial use:

"The personal version of TeamViewer is available if you are connecting from one residence to another residence. Any connections to or from a business or server for any purpose will require a license. If you feel you are being flagged as commercial in error, please complete this form https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/"

Please let us know if you would like a quote for a TeamViewer license.

Kind regards,

To which I have kindly replied:

I have bee reading over the several comments on this matter and Team viewer is proving to be a big disappointment.  Myself along with others who have posted have used this tool to help support family and friends; in my case over 1,000 miles away.  Unfortunately the times when I need to help them will be when I am working so yes; the connection starts from a business location and goes to a residential connection. 

You are doing this "verification" via the IP address and DO have the ability to tell if it is business to business, business to residential etc.  For that matter, a "private" person could be using it for business purposes based on you own "verification" and they could carry on using it against the set forth terms.  All the while those of us who are abiding by what "Should" be common sense rules are being penalized.

So what team viewer is doing is pushing people away.  I am in the I.T field and based on this experience I can guarantee that in will in no way endorse the use of this product based on what I have seen surrounding this issue;  A lack of customer care or concern.  For me the fix is an easy one; I have and can implement other options.  Since it so happens that I will be at the distant family location next week the timing of this discovery is perfect.  I will implement the changes while I am there and be done with Team Viewer.

Team Viewer needs to get their act together and promote a positive experience for their "Free" edition.  Who know how many more people you are turning off because of the lack of care or concern.  Unfortunately its not just Team Viewer, big corporate companies have lost sight of true customer care and in the end it will cost them.  There is always something new that will come along to fill the void. 

So in reply to if I want a quote..... NO!

I am sure that none of my reply will be taken to heart but at this point I really don't care, I have begun to implement my other alternatives and will be done with this "FREE" tool.

Posted by TMA-1
Henagon

Deeply flawed commerical use detection algorithm

Having been a loyal booster of TeamViewer "personal" for many years, I uploaded a YouTube video (11,000 views) which sings the praises of the product.  I know regret that action as I look for alternatives to this unreliable mechanism.

Yes, I said unreliable.  A deeply flawed automated decision has cut me off at the knees without warning.  It does not even mince words, confidently and definitively branding my activity as "commercial use".  It is nothing of the sort.

There are many alternative products on the market.  Adios TV.  It was fun until you pulled the plug and refused to acknolwledge my appeal.  I'll be posting another YouTube soon.  ;-)

Posted by Radish
Henagon

Re: Deeply flawed commerical use detection algorithm

I have had the problem before and they were actually really good at getting back to me requesting log files. That resolved the problem quickly as I was not using the program commercially.
Now the problem is back again. They say they will respond in up to 30 days for free users. Well guess what. I have sent several emails to them to try and resolve the exact same issue that I had before but they have not responded to my several emails.
Now the only thing that I will be doing is filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and then maybe I will get some sort of response from them as I really do like the program.