TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Announcements

Enjoy your weekend!

If you want to read our latest blog post, click here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Pardoning a Free Account

Hello, I keep getting a message stating my free account was used for commercial use. I only use Teamviewer to manage my PCs on a local LAN (daughter's PC, etc..) and I help my Auntie who is old and struggles with tech. I filled in a pardoning form to this effect but haven't heard back from Teamviewer for a couple of weeks now so I'm not sure what I should do next. Please advise if anyone can help.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

free license

hi

I am disabled and i use teamviewer to control my other computers in my house 

it is really helpful when I am in bed

i only use it to control mine 

can you help please

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

I am using TeamViewer as a free personal account and now I can't connect!

I have been using TeamViewer for Years both when I worked for a community college and in addtion personally.  I retired almost 2 years ago and ever since the use of the product is frustrating.  Support will look at my logs and determine I am in fact only using it personally and it will start working.  Then there is an update that I'm requested to install and after installing it... I no longer have access, no easy way to contact support, and fix the problem.  How can I stop this from happening.  I have a total of 7 computers in my list.  My Windows Desktop, My Windows Laptop, My Mac Desktop, My Wifes Windows Laptop, My Wifes Mac Laptop, My Parents Desktop, and a Friend's Laptop (which I would be happy to remove since I assist her maybe once a year at best because she's a close family friend which we condiser family)... so if anyone can tell me this is commercial use please explain!

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Why do I get commercial use?

Hi

I'm using Teamviewer to help my dad on remote with his computer, but after upgrading to version 15 I get timeout when I connect to my dad and it says that I'm using it as commercial, but it's strict personal, connecting to him once or twice a year. What should I do to get a free persoanl license without timeout? It has beew working before.

[personal information removed]

Regards

Staffan

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Getting disconnected after 1 minute of connection

Hello.

I am trying to connect to my pc from my second house and every time i use teamviewer to connect i am getting disconnected after one minute of usage. I use teamviewer for personal usage to connect to my pc but this limit of 1 minute makes my life miserable! Please help me!

Thank you in advance!

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Can't use free version - furious

My mother, aged 88, is in isolation for the next 12 weeks. I, as a long-term asthmatic, am in isolation for the next 12 weeks.

I have used the free version of TeamViewer to help my mother with her computer for at least a couple of years. She has very little understanding of what she is doing.

Today I tried to log on to upgrade her version of Skype, so that we can talk to her. I had to spend 30 minutes on the phone talking her through updating her version of Team Viewer, and then update my own. I managed to see her screen for less than 10 seconds before I was cut off and told that I had been timed out!

I have since managed to get on twice more, but each time for less than a minute. And now I am being told that I am a commercial customer and must pay before I can have access.

I have tried opening a support ticket, but the links to do so just keep bring me back to this forum.

I have NEVER used Team Viewer for any other reason than to access my mother's computer.

This is REALLY shoddy.

You either have a free version, or you don't.

I have no idea what to do now. 

It seems that my only option might be to upgrade to commercial usage. But I will NEVER pay Team Viewer after this experience.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Can't use free version - furious

Hi Lindsay
As I am having the same issue although I am technical I use it to connect to my boys in UK whilst I am in Europe for personal use only.
Either we pay TeamViewer (perhaps twice) for each connection or ...

I am looking at **Third Party Product** and it works on my local LAN ie 2 PCs in the same room or building
As soon as I have figured out port forwarding on my router (Complex bordering on complicated) I will let you know. Theres is lots of help out there although you will have to configure x2 router, yours and Mums (not ideal but thats's protocols)

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Richard

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Thank you much Richard - if you get it sorted out, I will try the same!

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hi Lindsay

What is alos interesting is a Quick fix such as WhatsApp; there is an extension thro' the browser Opera so then you can send links via WhatsApp

I hope this helps

Richard

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hey Lindsay2, 

I use /d TV from kind of the time it hit the market back in the beginning of the 2000´s.... 
I once got put on the commercial line but then there was a customer support and people actually helping... today when I called TV in HQ Germany, (I was born there) I was told that onyl paying customers get support and the "free users" have the froum where no one from TV gives a **bleep** about us.... on their homepage it still says that there is a free version of TV... I will not pay TV for the 1-2 times a year I am helping my parents or friends from time to time as it is just not paying out... I am not making and nver made money with it as if I would I´d frikken pay and make money then.... it is very frustrating that TV does NOT help at all and although I sent my hand signed form to them via mail I had no response since... I believe it was like 3-4 months ago maybe.. I stopped tracking as I am slowly giving up on them... they used to be a great company with a good mindset and very nice support with fast response and good problem solving... I guess resession has them too or somethng else I do not know.... but this **bleep*... 

I hope all turns out to the better for you and your mom. stay healthy and safe. 

Cheers

Martin

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Teamviewer used to be great, but now it really **bleep**!!! I only use it to connect to my mother and father PCs and in the past few months it locks me down to 1 minute and says I'm using it commercially. I tried the idiotic "Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected'" and the support team came back with "Thank you for your request regarding being unblocked from using the free version of TeamViewer. After reviewing the information provided to us, we were unable to confirm that the submitted ID is being used privately." The account I use to log in with only has ONE PC connected to it... 

Teamviewer team, if you want to stop offering a free product, fine, lock it down to trial only, but if you do continue to offer a free product, stop being **bleep**!!! You have 1000's of posts with this same issue.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

I thought, it would be nice to let you hear that Temviewer finally unlocked my computer.

Yesterday I was able to help my father out after he accidentally interrupted thunderbirds update process and was left with no thunderbird at all... Could help him quickly.

Thank you Teamviewer

Thank you community

Greetings Wolfgang

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Why do I have trial for personal use?

I downloaded Teamviewer version 15.3.8497 for personal use, and I chose personal use during installation, but later it shows that I only have a 6 days trial and will be charged after the trial. I only use this software for perosnla use, why am I being charged? Hope teamviewer community can help me solve this problem :)

For additional information, I am using newest windows operting system for team viewer.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Dear Martin

Thanks for reply, very informative and mirrors my experience. They have replied to me now with a form to sign "on my honour" so we will wait and see.

Kind Regards and Respects to your family and that of Lindsay (of course)

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Welcome to the club...believe me you are far from being alone. I would have though TV would have dropped this by now but are very obviously continuing that path to destruction. Someone started a change.org petition about the practice, and I am trying to find it. @tv PLEASE STOP THIS - either kill the free version or charge a modest amount and improve the commercial detection. The latter does not work.
Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

I sent in my affidavit and I just got this reply:

pardoning@teamviewer.com

Dear User,

Thank you very much for sending your self-declaration of personal use to us.

We have successfully reset the TeamViewer ID you submitted via the form provided earlier, and we acknowledge that you are using TeamViewer for personal use only.

With your signed declaration, we took additional steps to make sure your TeamViewer ID remains reset.

The reset has been applied within the last five business days.

Please note that if your usage pattern changes and your connections are deemed to be Commercial in nature, your reset may be reverted at any time.

Furthermore, please keep in mind that a TeamViewer connection always involves two devices (TeamViewer IDs) and the pop-up might be displayed because of the remote side.

Have fun with TeamViewer and enjoy your day.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Your TeamViewer Team.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: [Windows] v15.4.4445 (Full) - Change Log

What about: "Fixed an issue where the remote session gets terminated after a few seconds, followed by a pop-up message that accuses such personal usage to be detected as commercial thought both parties are connected to the same router in the same house"? It has been over a year since this issue first appeared and no colleague of yours that I have contacted cared about looking into this nor even report it to someone who will. The Web app, the Chrome app and the Windows 10 app versions of TeamViewer don't have this issue, unlike the desktop version. That said, if you really want to pressure personal usage to be paid for, you should consider the aforementioned ones too. Otherwise, just care about fixing this issue. Thanks A former TeamViewer user
Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

What about: "Fixed an issue where the remote session gets terminated after a few seconds, followed by a pop-up message that accuses such personal usage to be detected as commercial though both parties are connected to the same router in the same house"?

It has been over a year since this issue first appeared and no colleague of yours that I have contacted cared about looking into this nor even report it to someone who will.

The Web app, the Chrome app and the Windows 10 app versions of TeamViewer don't have this issue, unlike the desktop version. That said, if you really want to pressure personal usage to be paid for, you should consider the aforementioned ones too. Otherwise, just care about fixing this issue.

Thanks

A former TeamViewer user

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

What about: "Fixed an issue where the remote session gets terminated after a few seconds, followed by a pop-up message that accuses such personal usage to be detected as commercial though both parties are connected to the same router in the same house"?

It has been over a year since this issue first appeared and no colleague of yours that I have contacted cared about looking into this nor even report it to someone who will.

The Web app, the Chrome app and the Windows 10 app versions of TeamViewer don't have this issue, unlike the desktop version. That said, if you really want to pressure personal usage to be paid for, you should consider the aforementioned ones too. Otherwise, just care about fixing this issue.

Update: This has been the third time I posted this reply since someone deleted it twice. That says something...

Thanks

A former TeamViewer user

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

free licence

Hi

I'm Daniel and I have some problem with my teamviewer licence. I have a free licence for personal use, but today I couldn't connect with an other computer becouse the teamviewer said I have to by a licence or extend free licence. I can still access the other computer from my phone. Could you help me to make my free licence active?

Thank You!

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: free licence

I had the same problem...what do i do..

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

The Web app, the Chrome app and the Windows 10 app versions of TeamViewer don't have this issue, unlike the desktop version.

That said, if you really want to pressure personal usage to be paid for, you should consider the aforementioned ones too. Otherwise, just care about fixing this issue.

Note: This is the 4th time I've posted this reply since someone keeps deleting it. That says something...

Thanks

A former TeamViewer user

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Cannot log into Free Remote Access (Tells me my trial Expired???)

Please someone help. 
I am using personal no commerical version of TeamViewer and it keeps telling me my trial has expired.
Even made a new Free account and it still does this.
Re-installed after a clean wipe four times and no change. 
I really need to fix this issue. 
Remote access is very important for me right now.... 
(For almost all of us I'm sure)

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Trial version expired

I think I clicked the wrong button when I've installed TV becouse I don't use it for work. I use it to help my mother to work from home. Any method to get back the trial version?

I know you usually don't answer this type of request. There are huge number of similar questions in the community, all without any response... if it's a business policy say that and try to underline the importance of chosing right setting during the installation. I never seen a program that marks users in such a way, from certian point of view it doesn't make any sense...

Hope you will be more comprensive in such a period.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Trial version expired

@Giovanni7 (and @starcast), have you followed the guide on https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-TeamViewer-on-PC/ta-p/16835 to uninstall TeamViewer? Deleting the relevant registry items as described there should help. Otherwise you could consider using Revo Uninstaller.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer usage on university

Same problem hare, I like the software but because of their detection had to use **Third Party Product** instead, give it a try

Highlighted
Posted by
Pentagon

Congratulations!

Congrats Teamviewer on 100 pages of posts about the same problem on this one thread alone. I also just got my second anniversary badge and since I signed up to ask about this problem it means this has been going on for more than two years.

I read somewhere recently that Teamviewer was doing away with the commercial use detected algorithm. I think it was on the Teamviewer website. I tried to search for it again but all search results lead back to this page or pages like it. Could you confirm and perhaps point me to that statement please? Thanks.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Thank you for the answer @SandoHP , I've just tried everything you suggest. Anyway the guide doesn't mention al lot of other folders in the register editor. Even deleting all of them isn't sufficient. I'm sure that if I search some more informations I'll succed in unistalling TV, but I don't want to make hard changes on my PC and I also think is better procede, if possible, on the "legal" way.

If I'll have to do that, I'll write on the community to help everyone, even if in a couple of months the method itslef will probably become useless.

Right now I find a quite good substitue, completly free.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I notice now that the free license is restored!! even if the didn't contact me. Super!

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Wrong selection of commercial use when signing up for personal use

Hi All,

I selected commercial use when signing up to team viewer for personal use not realising I had done this. The trial period has now expired and I am being asked to purchase teamviewer when I do not use it for commercial use. Can anybody help me change this to personal use?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

HELP!!!

mY FREE VERSION WONT CONVERT TO REMOTE VERSION

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Wrong selection of commercial use when signing up for personal use

Pardon?

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Wrong selection of commercial use when signing up for personal use

@sehrish_h wrote:

Hi All,

I selected commercial use when signing up to team viewer for personal use not realising I had done this. The trial period has now expired and I am being asked to purchase teamviewer when I do not use it for commercial use. Can anybody help me change this to personal use?

Thank you.

Pardon?
Pardon=http://cdn01.teamviewer.com/teamviewer/pdf/TeamViewerDeclarationOfPrivateUse.pdf?utm_source=TV-newsl...

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Free license

Goodmorning!

I can't have the "free version" after the trial version. How can I do? I've already submit the format without a result. Thanks

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Was reset to personal use, keeps showing Trial Period expired

Hello, I submitted the form requesting for a reset for personal use,since I only use for personal. Don't know why the Trial Period.  Received email back this was reset. But upon login in with my account info, it keeps saying Trial Period Expired. It does not let me connect remote to my other computer.  I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application with restarting my laptop. None of this works. 

Please, I need to solve this.

Annotation 2020-05-07 141416.jpg

Thank you.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Annoying "commercial use" blocking error

Hi,

I'm facing some issues with the "commercial use detcted" error.

During past 3 weeks, I asked 2 time for a reset of my Main PC Teamviewer ID status (that has been accepted both times), but literally nothing has changed.

Here's a summary of what's happening:

• Main PC connects to:
    • Secondary PC: DENIED ("Trial ended on Main PC")
    • Office PC: ACCEPTED
  • Secondary PC connects to:
    • Main PC: DENIED ("Trial ended on Main PC")
  • Android smartphone connects to:
    • Main PC: DENIED ("Blocked because suspected commercial use")
    • Secondary PC: ACCEPTED

On my office PC I'm using a commercial account provided by the company I work for (that I use from home also when I need to connect to the office) and, on all other devices, I'm using my personal free account.

I need your help because I don't know what else to do.
Thank you in advance.

Regards
Daniele

Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Annoying "commercial use" blocking error

Hi @jackdan93 

Depending on the message you get (trial expired OR Commercial use suspected) please fill out the correct form.

Trial expired

Commercial use suspected

Best,

Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Annoying "commercial use" blocking error

Hi @Esther,

thank you very much for the fast reply!

I submitted the trial reset request (I didn't know about this page) and I'll wait hoping my problem to be solved.

Best regards
Daniele

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Trial Version expired - Free version still not working

Hi I had asked for my account to be reset and set to the free version as I made the mistake of clicking on business use. I received an email to say this had been reset and still when I log in the screen shows as trial version expired. What do I do to get this back to free? 

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Connecting to machine has expired

I have been a free, personal, user of teamviewer for quite some time.  Recently, due to current global conditions, I had to work from home for a stretch of time.  My company also uses Teamviewer for our support to our staff.  I had to use my personal machine as part of the hardware to do this support, with my work Teamviewer account.  Since now returning to my office, and returning my personal machine to my personal teamviewer account, when I try to connect to it, I get the attached.  I was doing my best to keep my personal and work accounts separated, but yes, I had to use some of the same hardware.  What can be done to get my personal account working again?

teamviewer capture.JPG

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: Connecting to machine has expired

Analogpanther  I had a similar problem many years ago when Teamviewer was just starting out. At that time a phone call was enough and until a few months ago I could use Teamviewer privately without any problems - on the same, now obsolete - hardware. It will certainly not be that easy anymore.
Today I would first try to reach something via the "Management Console". (Menu : Connection - Open User Managament). There all computers and accounts should be listed. and you should be able to delete all company computers and accounts.

If this does not work, there is at least access to support, maybe at the expense of the company, but quickly

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

problem with trial expired message

Hey 

After I got email from the support says that they reset my account back to free, im still getting the line: 'trial version "expired" ' 

i tried to reinstall the softwere again and making sure that i choose "personal/non- commercial use " option - i still have the issue

now when I'm trying to fiil the form to reset again  - i get red line "Please enter your device id as it appears in your TeamViewer client."
even though I put the right id

i dont know what else to do
its been 2 month since my issues starts

please help
Or 

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Commercial Account created by mistake

Good evening, by mistake I created a Commeral account. Now I need to use teamViewer and he tells me that the trial period is over. how do I change my account in private/non-commercial?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

free not commercial version

Hi

I installed for a mistake a version with a trial period but I wanted to install the free not commercial version.

I tried to disnstall and to istall the free version but I continue to see the trial version that now is expired. How can I do to install the free version for not commercial use?

Thank you

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Bloqued connexion because Teamviewer think i m a enterprise

Hello, 

I use since 10 years Teamview for my family, and now it detecte what i use for enterprise but i use only for me and my parent and brother to help to support with your laptop.

How make to come back to use normally or do you have another soft 

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Commercial Activity

Good day. The program mistakenly established commercial use. It is not true. I use this program for personal purposes only. How can this be fixed? I do not have the opportunity to use the program as before.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Interesting, why my remote personal computer detected like commercial? After many years i found that message "Commercial use detected, ...". After using teamviewer more than 10 years i have to search other software for remote control, why?

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Connection Blocked After Time out

Why this is happen ? and how to fix it ?
TV.png

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

8.7.2020 Yes, this is a real pain in the **bleep**. Why TeamViewer have this policy only makes the good product TV look bad. I think perhaps there is a new "manager" who thinks this policy is good, which is why TV is hanging onto it dispute all the complaints. There are other alternatives. @ Teamviewer: Please drop this policy and charge a small fee for use private users and have done with it. So many people complaining should wake up even your most less than optimal manager(s).

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Connection Blocked After Time out

I suddenly also today.
Possible bug with Teamviewer.
I wait quietly, otherwise fill this in.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/