Partner did not connect to router

Options
radog
radog Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have two identical HP notebooks at a remote location, and both are running TV13 with windows 10 - 64 bit.  I have a dedciated static IP address and have been using this set-up successfully for four years.  Today, suddenly, both are presenting on TV13 as being "online"  but one is sending a "Partner did not connect to router" message while the ohther logs in normally.  I am certain that the modem and router are working because I can access the one computer, plus an IP switch and a security camera at the remote location.  I have tied remotely resetting the modem and the router via the IP switch but the one computer still will not connect.   I have also tried using the Wake on Lan function through the on-site computer with which I can connect, but to no avail. Any thoughts on what the problem might be and remote fixes? 

Comments

• buckwheat20
    buckwheat20 Posts: 1
    Options

Connect to the one that works then in your full version go to extras>open log files and open the log it selects.  Scroll down near the bottom and look for "Activating Router carrier" the following line should read something like:

CommandHandlerRouting[103]::CreateActiveSession(): outgoing session to (remote tv ID) via server25105.teamviewer.com, protocol Port443

Now attempt to connect to the device that fails connection; open the logs again, find that same line, it will more than likely be a different "serverxxxxx.teamviewer.com" which is what they call the router. Go back to the successful machine and try pinging failed machine's server.

More than likely that ping will fail.  We are running into the same issue where some "routers" are not accessible anymore and we aren't able to connect to some of our remote devices because of it. Support has told me there is no way, not even for troubleshooting purposes, to specify a functioning "router" to connect with as it's randomized and somewhat based on location.

• beast-usa
    beast-usa Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Options

Ok it's getting to be a super pain in the back side! :(

I tried version 12 (last one) 13.0 & the newest 13.1 this is in Winblows 10 Pro 64bit. Only about one in 10 computers will connect on the first try. All will connect after enough tries I change NOTHING and just keep hitting connect. Most will connect withing 4 tries which is SUPER annoying when you do it to 100 computers! Some take up to 8 tries!

These are the errors it gives and each computer will have the same random errors. This error this time then that error next time... It wastes TONS of my time! I have been using DWS again just so I can connect on the first try!

Here are all the errors:
    Could not connect
    Could not connect to Partner

Unable to connect
    Reason unknown (this one happens the most)

Connection not Established
    Authentication Rejected

Authentication Rejected (this one is 2nd)

Pop-up box errors (close the box try a few more times it will connect)
    No connection to partner
    Partner did not connect to router
    Error Code: WaitforConnectFailed

It's been happening the last month or so I was just hoping it was some temp TV server problem. But it has not stopped just error after error after error.

And as I have said in the past TV is great software and also the single most expensive software I own. Yes I have a comericial license.

Thank you in advanced for anything you can tell me to try?

• beast-usa
    beast-usa Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Options

Oh yeah I forgot to mention the almost 100% chance of "TeamViewer has stop working" when I connect to 10+ computers at one time! 

As I'm writting this I'm closing the DAM BOXES SAYING IT CAN'T CONNECT!!!! Getting super annoying! Yeah because after 20 MINUTES I was connected to 12 computers, after 30 minutes TV CRASHED AGAIN!

• trogne
    trogne Posts: 0
    Options

Since a month,  I occasionnally get "No connection to partner! Partner did not connect to router".

When I get that, I cannot connect anymore, until I stop and restart teamviewer on the remote machine.

I never had this problem before.

I use Teamviewer 13 on both Windows 10 machines. I tried reinstalling TV 13 as well. I also have TV on my phone, and I cannot connect either. I have to stop and restart TV

I guess I'll have to go back to version 12.

• Shonna99
    Shonna99 Posts: 1
    Options

trying to connect to a partner:

ERROR - no connection to partner!

partner did not connect to router. 

Why am I getting this ERROR?

• Kairotic
    Kairotic Posts: 1
    Options

Entered Remote connection, ID and given password in lefthand area. Entered partner ID in right area. No area or box for partner password. therefore unable to connect. Advise correct procedure to connect. Thanks

• Tammy_1020
    Options

I am trying to connect to my work computer at home and it is saying:

No connection to partner!

Partner did not connect to router.

When my work computer is not available due to shutting down it says the partner computer is not online but I have never seen this code and the computer is up and running and connected to Teamviewer. Does anyone know why I can't connect?

Thank you

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,613 Moderator
    Options

Hello @Tammy_1020 @Shonna99 and @Kairotic,

Thank you for reaching out to us in TeamViewer Community and we are sorry to hear that TeamViewer is not working for you.

We are not aware of any connectivity issue at the moment.

Would you mind trying restart TeamViewer services (Windows -> Services -> TeamViewer -> Restart ) and initiate the connection again please?

I hope this action would help to resume the connections. Feel free to comment below if we may help further with any other questions.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Laker
    Laker Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options

I recieved the same error as the OP from an attempted (unattended) remote PC connection.

"ERROR - no connection to partner!

partner did not connect to router. 

Error Code: WaitforConnectFailed"

Then after trying it a second time, my TV connection on the remote PC now displays as offline. However, I can access other running apps on this remote PC thru the internet (not using TV), so I know that the remote PC and internet are running and availble. It appears that the remote PC TV software may have abended or stopped working. I am running with the latest Windows 10 64 bit version 15.28.5 on both PCs.

Restarting the unattended remote PC's TV is not an available option - hence why its unattended.

• jp00735
    jp00735 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Even after 3 years, the issue persists

It allows me to connect from machine located in USA, while machine from another country it is giving same error

• jp00735
    jp00735 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

what a silly issue.

It allows me to connect from a machine located in the USA, while a machine from another country it is giving the same error (after 12 PM it works again)

• Remarkablemark
    Remarkablemark Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have restarted with Windows Remote Desktop on the remote computer so I know it's alive, but absolutely will not connect via TeamViewer. Restarted and restarted. Power-cycled. Offloaded and reloaded the 64-bit TV program. Nope. No and NO>!

Hopefully I will be able to get some help. We are paying dearly for this license!

• 7venmp_7
    7venmp_7 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same problem as many other people here, with the connection. "No connection to Partner. Partner did not connect to router" "Error: waitforconnectfailed" I'm operating from mac. What should be the solution. Teamviewer should resolves this matter.

• Gilligan
    Gilligan Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Hello, thank you.

I completed the process as described however this seems to have had no effect on the issue. I am still receiving the same error message as before. Any recommendations are appreciated. Thank you.

• Gilligan
    Gilligan Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Ok, well, I'm going to take my business to **Third Party Product** and I recommend that anyone with similar issues with teamviewer to do the same. Cheers.