Teamviewer initializing display parameters and hangs Version 12.0.71503

Comments

• vnvjeep
    vnvjeep Posts: 3 ✭✭

I just upgraded to v12 today, and now experiencing this same issue.  Viewer is a Windows 10 Pro machine... viewee is a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine.   Ugh... Any ideas on a fix for this?  Very frustrating.  :(

• jdlaw75
    jdlaw75 Posts: 3 ✭✭

I had been unable to login to our server a 'headless' W10Pro PC.

After power-cycling the 'server', everything is back to normal and working correctly.

Judging by this conservation, I will not be too surprised should it happen again.

Of course, TV might fix the problem before then!

• vnvjeep

I wish I could power cycle it... unfortunately, my backup RDP into that server isn't working either, so I'm stuck at the moment until I can make my way out to this server.  Grrr.

@jdlaw75 wrote:

I had been unable to login to our server a 'headless' W10Pro PC.

After power-cycling the 'server', everything is back to normal and working correctly.

Judging by this conservation, I will not be too surprised should it happen again.

Of course, TV might fix the problem before then!

• BigBadAl
    BigBadAl Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi All,

Same issue here on Windows Home Server 2011 as the remote machine, restarting or closing the instance of TV doesn't help, neither does un-installing and re-installing on either end.

My (local) end is either Win7 Pro x64, Win10 Pro x64 or Teamviewer on Android, all the same result:

initializing display parameters

Thanks

• firstadekit
    firstadekit Posts: 1

Same problem thou version 12.0.72365

Along the lines of what someone else may have reported I'm not sure if my specific problem is related to Microsoft's Remote Desktop Client also as someone else has hinted at, as that is used on the local network, and teamviewer when remote. Was fine on RDC yesterday and now have the initializing display parameters which also happened last week and a reboot resolved, and I've got the same issue again today, so going to have to go back to the site in question. 

Until this is resolved I think I'm going to have to temporarily get networking to punch a hole through firewall and set the Remote Desktop Client up on a different port as well as change the machines firewall rules for RDC, as I can't keep going back to site every time this happens.

• gags
    gags Posts: 2 ✭✭

Im getting the same error

Its just hangs at the diplay parameters

V 12.0.72365

• vnvjeep

So I worked with support, and got some resolution on this.  Basically, it looks like the ID changed.  The ID of the server I was working with somehow changed after the upgrade to the newest version of 12, so I ended up just deleting the server from my list, and re-adding it.  Along with adding it again came it's new ID.

You can try this out by just remoting directly into it's ID, instead of relying on a saved item in your list.  If you need any further explanation, just let me know.

@gags wrote:

Im getting the same error

Its just hangs at the diplay parameters

V 12.0.72365

• BigBadAl
    BigBadAl Posts: 2 ✭✭

Issue seems to be resolved, at least for me, today (19th Jan).

No removing/re-adding server was required, just click and go!

• jbclifton
    jbclifton Posts: 2 ✭✭

same here. if i fire up RDP then the connection works fine. 

No RDP, no teamviewer.

Any ideas?

• Drlnguptx
    Drlnguptx Posts: 1

Try this...

Delete the machine you are trying to access and add it again. This time, look at the field just below the password arrow. You'll see...Start team viewer with windows, assign computer and then grant easy access...click on each one...one at a time and let the software work. 24-Jan-2017

Good luck!

• gphump
    gphump Posts: 1

This seems to be my problem. Plus, we did a server upgrade and now RDP will only work from a linux based computer into the win 2016 server. To say the least it is a preplexing problem since I can RDP with my linux computer and then teamviewer has no problem connecting. Is there a resolution?

• jbclifton
    jbclifton Posts: 2 ✭✭

I seem to have fixed it but someone from development / support needs to look at this as its a major error in the upgrade process (IMHO). i think teamviewer has broken all previously saved connections.

• Got to the host host machine (the one you are trying to control). likley you will have to use RDP to do that
    • look at the box 'Your ID' on the left. to the right of that box i have an ! (in blue) that has a hover tag saying "enhanced multi user support...."
    • read that box and it basically states that the Teamviewer ID you see ISN'T the ID you need to administer the box
    • i changed mine to the ID they say you need to administer the machine and it works.

TEAMVIEWER SUPPORT: the only thing that has changed on my system is the upgrade to 12 so it certainly something that shouldn't happen. each machine i now upgrade looks like its going to have the same issue and cause me extra work just to standstill. its a real annoying pain and something that shouldn't have got through QA IMHO.

• Tommitulpe46
    Tommitulpe46 Posts: 4 ✭✭

TeamViewer have a big bug in the actually version. During the installation of the host version it do not transfer the credential of your account. Konfiguration_TeamViewer_2.PNG

Go to the menu in the task bar and then to option. Then you click on the button "Einem Konto zuweisen" and type your account and the credential and now all work fine

Konfiguration_TeamViewer_4.PNG

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi all!

I recommend you to try the following:

Open TeamViewer and navigate to "Extras - Options - Advanced" - uninstall the monitor driver and try it again. Do this on both sides and try it again.

The monitor driver is only necessary if you want to enable the black screen feature during a connection.

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • cybdiver
    cybdiver Posts: 2 ✭✭

I did not have a driver installed so there was nothing to uninstall.

Also I am running 12.0.72365 and still having the problem.

• Tommitulpe46
    Tommitulpe46 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi cybdiver,

please check your host in the task bar. Right-click on the icon and go to options. Then have a look to the account button. Is the host assigned to your account? If not, click on the button and enter your account with credentials. Then your teamviewer work fine

• duane
    duane Posts: 7 ✭✭

Same here.  Still getting this error.

• bokener
    bokener Posts: 2 ✭✭

Do not install TeamViewer by RDP, do it physically on the PC, you will have a completely different TV ID

• cybdiver
    cybdiver Posts: 2 ✭✭

What if it's a VM? in the cloud?  There is no physical machine.

• bokener
    bokener Posts: 2 ✭✭

There is no access via KVM to this VM?

• Wlk
    Wlk Posts: 2

When I log in to affected computer I was unable to connect, there is stuck Desktop Windows Manager (dwm.exe) and I have to restart it through taskmanager.

Every time it is similar, on computer I tried to connect and fail taskbar is not responding and i have black background (got image). After forceclosing DWM, background comes back.

Using Windows 10 last build, got Eset Antivirus. Happaned on two different computers same way.

• I also go this to work by opening TeamViewer Host on my target machines, clicking on the little lightbulb next to 'Your ID' and using the secondary ID number listed for 'administrative purposes'. This does not use the already logged on session (on the target machine) but I'm assuming starts it's own, negating the resolution issues of an already logged in session...

• duane

I restarted TV on my host machine and it worked for several days.   This morning it's showing the same issue.  

• Trin-iT
    Trin-iT Posts: 3 ✭✭

Same issue on 12.0.72365.

First logon succeeded, but screen got stuck after a couple of seconds. I tried reconnecting, but now it get's stuck like all the other people here.

Will have to wait till tomorrow to see if a restart fixes this.

• Same here, on 12.0.72365

Works fine most of the time but when explorer crashes, Teamviewer can't connect at all until I go on the remote desktop and restart explorer

• I don't think I'd mark this thread solved or my post as a solution.. it was just something I noticed.

The problem appears to be that Teamviewer may be contributing or causing explorer to crash and if you don't get a chance to restart explorer manually on the remote desktop; then you're SoL until you get to it.

• duane

@Ayrtyte wrote:

I don't think I'd mark this thread solved or my post as a solution.. it was just something I noticed.

The problem appears to be that Teamviewer may be contributing or causing explorer to crash and if you don't get a chance to restart explorer manually on the remote desktop; then you're SoL until you get to it.

In my case, explorer wasn't crashed. I just restarted TV.  Same credentials etc. so it's not that either.  I have my system (Windows 10) set to not sleep or hibernate but I have the impression that something is still going on with that or wake on lan or something similar..

• HannesZ
    HannesZ Posts: 2 ✭✭

Really wish there were some restart option that did not require my to log in to TeamViewer.system is frozen but it shows on the list of computers. clearly not completely frozen but when I try to connect I get the initializing display but nothing from there. 

• Teamviewer only connects when a monitor is attached and display is on, so to say screensaver or power save are the cause. As soon one uses the system, it wakes up, and so the display, and teamviewer does work again.

• I don't think that that is it, because RDP doesn't have those restrictions, and everytime Teamviewer won't connect anymore, I try to connect to the machine next to it, and cannot even RDP in. (I can, however, VPN in, successfully, but this time I forgot to have Spashtop running as my backup for this situation.) The other day, when this occurred, I tried to restart the RDP services from services.msc and they failed to stop. Had to kill the .exe manually.