Teamviewer initializing display parameters and hangs Version 12.0.71503

Hi,

Just wondering why i keep getting this issue. Since i have upgraded to this version 12.0.71503 randomly i get the attached screen and there is no way round till i restart my remote PC which is not a really sloution. 

Even if i leave connecting for hour will not work :-)

Both my PC and remote PC on the same version.  

And if i use file transfer it works. So definitely the remote PC online

Does anyone else get the same issue? what are the solutions for this problem . 

Thank you

Capture.PNG

Comments

• SG
    SG Posts: 4 ✭✭

Have hade the same issue several times, even during Beta-test.

• chupinsky27
    chupinsky27 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I've been dealing with the same issue.  Both clients are on the same version (12.0.71503).  Nvidia display drivers are up to date. 

It seems to happen after I terminate a remote session and then attempt to reconnect at a later time.  If I return to the PC I'm attempting to remote into, the screen resolution and layout is totally messed up with TeamViewer unresponsive.  After ending all TeamViewer processes and cycling the monitor's power, the PC returns to it's normal environment. 

• dazleeds
    dazleeds Posts: 7 ✭✭

For me it happens when i close the remote session then try to connect again but it happens randomly then i have to restart the remote PC then it works. The problem i can not restart the remote PC while i am traveling or somehwere else :-)

• chupinsky27
    chupinsky27 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Oh, and if I attempt to reconnect again after the failed "initializing display parameters" I get "authentication rejected."

• kqfflo
    kqfflo Posts: 3 ✭✭

Same here. Same version, same issue.

• zp
    zp Posts: 1

Same issue.  Just occurred for the first time today - display error followed by authentication error

• SaraG
    SaraG Posts: 1

I am having the same issue and noticing a pattern.

If I end the Teamviewer session from my computer, I get the initializing display paramters error and cannot log in.

If I end the Teamviewer session from the remote computer, I seem to be able to log back in.

Please let me know if you are observing the same.

• Arminio
    Arminio Posts: 3 ✭✭

same problem here. At first I got a freeze while initializing display parameters, if i close this window after several minutes, I only get authentication rejected.

• BikerWho
    BikerWho Posts: 1

Same issue is happening with me. However, this didn't happen to me on the previous version of Windows 10. I wiped my desktop and did a clean install of Windows 10 which gave me the latest version. And now I'm having issues with Teamviewer. I can connect the first time, but once I quit and try again, it gets stuck on Initializing display parameters.

I think Teamviewer is getting stuck on changing the resolution back once you disconnect.

• Jon
    Jon Posts: 4 ✭✭

This is happening to me as well, but only on one of the two computers I'm trying to connect to. When restarting the machine I can connect again, but apparently just for a short while before it hangs again.

• Yateball
    Yateball Posts: 2 ✭✭

Somewhat annoying that there's been nothing to bypass this error, I'm getting it constantly and have to wait until the work day is done to reboot my device and hope that the next day it doesn't happen again

• Jon
    Jon Posts: 4 ✭✭

For some reason, this error seems to have gone away for my part. I don't know if others with this error has experienced the same?

• thatskeen
    thatskeen Posts: 1

I too am having the same problem. Has anyone found a solution yet? This defeats the purpose of this software.

• mtown76
    mtown76 Posts: 1

I too am having the same problem. I can connect once but not a 2nd time

I have the same version, 12.0.71503

Any fixes or work arounds?

• millercw
    millercw Posts: 1

I have the same issue with V12.0.72365.

However, I can't complain. It is an execelent program. I'm sure Teamviewer will have the anomally fixed in the very near future.

• Harry559
    Harry559 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Had the same message -- make sure your ID/Password for your local account (shown on the smaller window to the right side) is properly signed on with your ID and password.

My password there was incorrect, so I was not signed on locally, and I got that error message.

• andrewtobag
    andrewtobag Posts: 1

Reinstalled today v. 12.0.72365 but from my pc with W7 and remote iMac El Capitan

i have same issue  (psw ok, starting but stuck on window whith message" initializing display parameters") from 2 years...

With anoter machine no problem from time to time.

• kqfflo
    kqfflo Posts: 3 ✭✭

Same issue as 3 weeks ago: using 12.0.72365

• NainRouge
    NainRouge Posts: 1

Began encountering this same issue today.

Version 12.0.72365

• Silver0066
    Silver0066 Posts: 9 ✭✭

Same issue today.  Please fix.

• FairwaySV
    FairwaySV Posts: 1

any solution yet to this problem?

• Silver0066
    Silver0066 Posts: 9 ✭✭

Yes, I got it sorted out.  Thanks for asking.

• shekarp
    shekarp Posts: 1

What was the fix to resolve the issue

• Yateball
    Yateball Posts: 2 ✭✭
    There hasn't been one
  • jdlaw75
    jdlaw75 Posts: 3 ✭✭

To make matters worse, I cannot get in to our server which is headless (has no monitor) and for which TeamViewer is the only ready access!

• Djago
    Djago Posts: 11 ✭✭

I'm having the same problem BUT I can give TV programmers a hint:

1 Try to connect with TV and get the Initializing display parameters window

2 Connect via RDP to the computer. At the same moment TV will connect! You'll have both remote connections: TV and RDP

3 Sadly, if you disconnect RDP, TV will give you a message informing that it "at this moment you can't capture the screen. It can be due to the user fast switch..." (or something like that; I have the program installed in spanish)

• mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐
    Which Windows version you are using on remote machine ?
    Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • jdlaw75
    jdlaw75 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Both ends running Windows 10 Pro

• bugreporttv
    bugreporttv Posts: 1

both machines are running under windows 10 pro.

We have two problems at the moment.

1. Inititalizing display parameters. We can't get a remote control.

2. After that you can still connect to a remote machine for file transfer. Later if you would disconnect and would again connect then you will get an error, smth like - authentication rejected.
    After that you can't connect at all.

• Djago
    Djago Posts: 11 ✭✭

Remote: 2008R2

Client: W10 Insider (build 14986)