Update Clients through Teamviewer Management Console

UHD-Olli
UHD-Olli Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi,

Our company has got a Corporate License and got notified that Version 14 of Teamviewer is available for us to update to.

Now my question: Is it possible to update our clients via the Management Console?

I found a button in the Design & Deploy section that said: Migrate to version 14

but as far as I understand that would only change the version that out costumers download after clicking that link.

Comments

• christian-j
    christian-j Posts: 54 Staff member 🤠

Hello,

you could use the TV policies to enforce a version upgrade of the TV client.

The policy is called "Install new versions automatically" and must be set to "All updates (includes new major versions)".

Team Lead Product Development (Enterprise)

Did my reply answer your question? To help others, please accept it as solution. Thanks!
  • We use the teamviewer management console to manage our teamviewer clients. We right now have teamviewer 14 hosts with a policy.
    I set following settings to a new policy:
    install new version automaticly: all updates
    Search for new versions: weekly

I added this policy to a teamviewer client. But client is still on 14. It is applied more then a week ago.
    Do I need to set more settings?

Thanks in advance.

• Tomi-
    Tomi- Posts: 11

Hi @IvarJannes !

Did you ever find any solutions to this? I've also deployed the custom hosts with auto update enforced in the policy, but the hosts just won't update.

Kind regards,
    Tomi

• RandomITGuy
    RandomITGuy Posts: 1

Hi Tomi,

i can verify the issue still persist. Any news from the teamviewer itself? Certainly when they are dis-conintue the older versions this september. Would be nice to remotely update the host versions, we don't like to do a manual update on 500+ devices.

• Randy759
    Randy759 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Typical TV response. One reply which doesn't work and total silence for the past 2 years.