Announcements

Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and do you need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Posted by
Photon

Windows 10 VPN only works while TeamViewer is connected

Hey guys,

I have a strange case in which the standard VPN-Connection of an employee isn't connecting. Most of the time, the employee is working with our customers, so I used TeamViewer to have a look at the settings of the VPN. Case is: when the TeamViewer-Session is running, the VPN (L2TPD, IPsec) connects to our endpoint like a charm. When I disconnect TV, the VPN isn't connecting at all again.

What could be the cause here? Is TV routing the Windows-VPN? I disabled the Windows-Firewall too, but couldn't achieve any success either.

Thanks for help in advance!

1 Reply
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by
Photon
Solution

Re: Windows 10 VPN only works while TeamViewer is connected

Got it solved, seems like TeamViewer starts the IPsec-Policy Service. This service was set to "manual". Set it to "automatic", restarted the device and the VPN connects. In addition, the IKE-Service must be up and running, too. Hth someone, someday. :-)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by
Photon
Solution

Re: Windows 10 VPN only works while TeamViewer is connected

Got it solved, seems like TeamViewer starts the IPsec-Policy Service. This service was set to "manual". Set it to "automatic", restarted the device and the VPN connects. In addition, the IKE-Service must be up and running, too. Hth someone, someday. :-)

View solution in original post