Posted by PTCruiser
Digon

after logging on to remote iMac (from local iMac), no mouse, keyboard control

I have just (in last 2-3 days) upgraded 3 of my iMacs from 13.0.5321 to 13.2.5321. My Mac laptop remains at 13.0.5058. After some experimenting, I have discovered that I can connect with the laptop (originating connections from both local computers - laptop to iMac, and iMac to laptop). Everyting works. When I try to log into one of my remote iMacs, I get the initial log-on screen (requiring username and password). The mouse pointer moves at my direction but has no effect on either username or password command boxes. As well, the keyboard has no effect. I noticed that this problem arose immediately after I remotely upgraded the 2 remote iMacs. When all were running v13.0.5058, all was well. After upgrading to 13.2.5321, no joy.

Does this upgrade require a system re-boot? Since the upgrade, I have re-booted the local iMac but not the remote iMacs. I should say that the laptop also has no screen control with the remote iMacs.

I am going to try and send a remote signal to re-boot to see what happens.

After that, other than physically sitting in front of the 2 remote iMacs, I am out of ideas.

Suggestions?

PT

Alan Blair
4 Replies
4 Replies
Posted by Chadwick
Henagon

Re: after logging on to remote iMac (from local iMac), no mouse, keyboard control

I don't have a solution for your problem, but I wanted to let you know that I'm experiencing the exact same issue since installing the update for 13.2.5321. I can connect to my iMac but cannot login because the mouse and keyboard no longer work once connected. I assume the re-boot wasn't successful?
Posted by PTCruiser
Digon

Re: after logging on to remote iMac (from local iMac), no mouse, keyboard control

I am really confused by this latest upgrade. The 2 iMacs that I am having trouble with were both upgraded to 13.2.5321 from 13.0.5058 one after the other - both upgraded remotely. Before upgrading the remote iMacs, I upgraded my local iMac to 13.2.5321 from 13.0.5058 also. As of yesterday (8/1/2018), I had regained contact with one of the remote iMacs while the 2nd one is still unresponsive. I don't get it and have neither heard nor read anything about my specific situation or anything odd about this latest upgrade. I'm lost for an answer. I made e-mail contact with one of the team members but all he told me was to ask the community. I thought it was as simple as a local (to the remotes) beboot, but it's the classic case of "I can see you but I can't get to where you are". I did re-boot the local iMac but I honestly have no idea whether that did the trick or not. Who knows...maybe Teamviewer will come out with a fix sooner than later - or at least something that will get us affected users by until then. I can't imagine that you and I are the only ones affected by this.

As an aside, I can log onto one of my remotes and then from that remote, try to log on to the non-responsive iMac...same non-responsive answer - and these 2 remotes are only feet apart in the same room. Frustrating.

Alan Blair
Posted by PTCruiser
Digon

The short answer to my problem is: No. I still cannot believe that this problem is the only one in the Teamviewer horizon. It's one thing to discover a bug that was buried deep within the overall program. But quite another when it manifests itself immediately after install.

Yes my problem still exists. I will save final judgement until I am back and sitting in front of the remote iMacs. I can tell by tell-tale signs that they are both hung up on the initial splash screen. On the Mac, in the upper-most right corner, the system time is displayed. Both iMacs are displaying different and incorrect system time that has not changed for several days now.

Alan Blair
Posted by Qetzale
Electron

I have the exact same problem, and I also noticed this clock back sync!!