Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

Re: "Partner started the internet call. Do you want to unmute your microphone?" dialog box

I have all the versions since I first started using it. So I can roll-back on local computers but YOU CAN NOT roll back on remote because you need to un-install the new version.

I don't have the message on WIndows to Windows, Linux to Linux, Mac to Mac but I do most of my work on Linux and EVERY Linux to Windows or Mac gives me the message!

How about a small update that updates it back to the working version until you find the problem?

Posted by ns
Henagon

Re: RE: Unmute microphone Prompt

but is there a way to actually disable the audio, I can select all of my headphone/speaker options, and all of the microphones, but I can't select none.  I don't need or want audio from teamviewer.

Posted by CraigAlan
Trigon

Seriously!!! This is not resolved yet? Come on guys...what's the hold up?

Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon

TeamViewer like most companies only releases updates on a schedule. I have not paid attention to their actual schedule but looking at the date on my current install, I suspect we should see one in the next 10 days.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Posted by CraigAlan
Trigon

If there is an issue with a release, especially one that can have security implications, a schedule of any kind is irrelevant. The issue should be addressed and a fix released ASAP even if said fix comes the very next day. That is how most companies handle it.

Teamviewer has lost points in my book with the lack of attention this has received.
Posted by hcb
Henagon

ok explain how i can upgrade remote user thats on v 10 and some on v10 host without losing connectivity in order to upgrade the teamviewer

Posted by hcb
Henagon

Re: "Partner started the internet call. Do you want to unmute your microphone?" dialog box

agree-- have you got a fix yet I cannot afford time to upgrade 100's of requestors, 2ndly a consultant of mine that services the same clients has version 11 comercial and I have version 12 Commercial

I can not spend time upgrading 100's of requesters

Posted by dufyra
Henagon

Re: Unmute microphone Prompt

Don't worry just reboot your PC and your issue will be fixed:

Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK. In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next. Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box. The computer is restored to the default factory configuration. In case if still issue exists then check Dell Latitude E6410 Manual for help. 

Posted by fnerkyboy
Electron

Re: Unmute microphone Prompt

@dufyra wrote:

Don't worry just reboot your PC and your issue will be fixed:

Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK. In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next. Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box. The computer is restored to the default factory configuration. In case if still issue exists then check Dell Latitude E6410 Manual for help. 

Of Course Dufyra was kidding, or just being a Troll :)

Posted by Sixhackers
Electron

Once you log into your remote host just click on "Remote Update". on the upper (right) tool bar on your remote's screen. It will then download the updated files, and then it will update itself. It will then give you a notice about needing a reboot. At this point I iniated the remote reboot which was also on the upper (left) tool bar on the remote machine. Your PC will inform you the host has signed off and ask if you would like to auto reconnect when the host reconnects. Answer yes and once the remote has rebooted you will reconnect. This worked like a charm for me. My Personal laptop is running Win10 and all my older remote servers are WinXP.  I had no problems updating all remotes PC's and servers this way. This completely resolved the "Unmute Mic"  nag. And I did not need to uncheck the remote recording/voip box as suggested in earlier post.. I agree this is a  time consuming issue if you must update many PC's or servers remotely, but it does work, can be done, and resolved the issue completely on all my Team Viewer PC's and servers.

Posted by jelabarre59
Trigon

The "Remote Update" is only a solution if the local and remote are running the SAME operating system.  If your remote are running MSWin and your local is Linux, even having the most recent versions for both will not fix the problem.

Posted by Telxon
Digon

C'mon TeamViewer. 7160 views and 60 replies. Weeks later and still no solution.

Let's get this fixed and communicate a real solution to your users.

Posted by BlindJester
Henagon

Got this email response today:

Sorry this has not been fixed yet but it is being worked on by our development team. It is affecting all TeamViewer users so we realize the importance of getting it corrected.

Thanks for your patience with this matter.

Best regards, 

Jonathan Reyes
CSAT Representative

-----

They aren't ignoring us. I assume it's a tricky issue

Posted by cbarnes
Digon

Let's hope so.  This has been an issue for a long time now.

Posted by hcb
Henagon

I was informed when I posted my displeasure to the support staff that a fix is imminent. It will be in a update

Posted by CraigAlan
Trigon

Sooooo.....we get an update, but it still activates my webcam.

Posted by focusp
Henagon

Thanks, updating Team Viewer fixed the unmute micophone problem for me.

Posted by jelabarre59
Trigon

@focusp wrote:

Thanks, updating Team Viewer fixed the unmute micophone problem for me.

That *ONLY* works if you're connecting from the same OS as the remote end is running.  If you are on Linux and connecting to MSWin??  Sorry, still incapable of fixing that.

Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

Will this EVER get fixed?

Please just roll out an old version that WORKED! This is so annoying every computer I log onto that same annoying message? I always do 10 to 12 computers at a time, then click NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO......... Restart and start clicking NO AGAIN!

IT'S NOT FIXED going Linux to Windows, Windows to Linux!

Posted by alfredolazo7
Henagon

So... is there a fix for this????

Posted by cbarnes
Digon

Allegedly, if you are connecting TO a Windows based machine FROM a Windows based machine, as long as you are using the newest version of Teamviewer on both systems, the problem will not occur.  The same cannot be said for connecting from a Linux based machine to a Windows based machine or vice-versa. Under those circumstances, the problem is all too obvious.  Personally, I have started to use DWService.net as an alternative to Teamviewer. I grant you that it is not as good and does not have all the bells and whistles that attracted me to Teamviewer in the first place but it's doing the job I need it to do while I wait for Teamviewer to resolve the issue.

Posted by hcb
Henagon

does not look like it , I am updating my clients to latest version where I can , then this does not happen

Highlighted
Posted by jelabarre59
Trigon

You would think the appropriate fix would be to back out the change that broke this in the first oplace, but I doubt Teamviewer has the competence to do so. 

Posted by Chima
Digon

Kudos to you, cbarnes!

Like you, I, too, have moved on and switched to Take Control, an integrated component of SolarWinds MSP Dashboard. Designed purely for remote support, it is clean, fast and efficient, with none of the baggage.

I just couldn't take it anymore, and I doubt that I'll be going back to TeamViewer as my primary remote control tool anytime soon, if ever. What has been painful is coming to terms with the realization that my commercial license investment over the years — since v8.x — is suddenly reduced to what redeeming salvage value there is in TeamViewer Meeting.

It really is sad to see what was once a great product quickly devolve into nagware, in the commercial edition, no less. And now this — arguably the worst possible case of a solution in search of a problem.

Clearly, TeamViewer has lost sight of the first rule of IT support: Thou shalt clear thy mind of all mental clutter from avoidable distractions.

But then again, it doesn’t take long for professional malpractice and indiscretion to become the new normal in a self-absorbed industry preoccupied with ill-advised euphoria in its delusions of grandeur — sadly a prominent storyline with an all-too familiar refrain:

• Company creates a great product.
  • Somewhere along the way, Company loses its vision to the arrogance of success.
  • Company suffers serious attrition, as customers flee for cover.
  • Over time, Company becomes an also-ran on its rapid descent to the technology graveyard.

I should've seen it coming.

The only thing worse than dragging commercial licensees through this quagmire is that no one at TeamViewer seems to be in a hurry to permanently fix it. When the fallout is tallied, one would hope that TeamViewer will have learned the inescapable lesson that a single misguided blunder in a crowded market can be one too many. And to be clear, this has been one huge blunder of its own making, which should’ve been obvious in pre-release testing. Let’s hope it is not the death knell.

Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

Thank you both Chima & cbarnes trying both of those. This has been to long and so sick of logging into 10, 20 computers and clicking NO NO NO NO NO NO NO... Then restart them and do it all over again! It's so dam annoying I have used Winblows about 6 times this month!

I do like the DWS a little slow on the upload and only 3 files at a time. :( But 100% free, no nag-ware and super easy to setup & use and NO ERROR! And when I login I don't need to give the same machine permission over & over and NO STUPID "reCATCHA" when you are already a member!!! It almost seems like TeamViewer uses it as a weapon to keep you from logging in and posting!

Solorwind MSP I have it but I haven't tested it yet I don't like how you need to search for the dam price! I just want to know what it will cost right up front.

I have a lot invested in TeamViewer. And I would need to change 400+ computers to the new software. But since this looks like it's just not going to get fixed for Linux in the near future I need to start looking for something else. Yes I have two commercial licenses which TV had me buy because it's the same computer but I use dual boot. So I had one license for Winblows and one license for Linux. They changed that so I only needed to renew one. But with this nagging ERROR I won't be renewing unless I get the last 6 months of PAIN IN THE BUT-T! FIXED! 

Posted by Former Staff Jonathan
Former Staff

Hi All,

We wanted to give an update to this topic and let everyone know that yes, we are still working on a solution. We can also say that there is a fix in a new update that is currently being tested by our QA team. Once testing is done and the fix is confirmed we will be updating the thread to let everyone know the update is available.

We thank everyone for their feedback and patience with this matter.

All the best,

Jonathan

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Posted by Telxon
Digon

The first report that this was to be fixed was on June 1st, 2017. WHEN should we expect this to actually be resolved?

Posted by hcb
Henagon

I have no Idea. They claim that they have found the fix in inhouse development but are testing it to make sure no new bugs

Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

@Jonathan

This is great to hear! The last glitch with Linux was fixed so fast (dragging or resizing windows).
I'm also so willing to be a test user if there is any chance of not seeing that error EVER again! 

Posted by dgbslb
Digon

This pop up is getting VERY FRUSTRATING when we in tech support TeamViewer into many servers and computers each day!  Please fix this issue soon!!

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Hi all,

We published a new version with a fix. Please install the new version and post your feedback here :)

Thank you in advanced.

Julia
Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Posted by cbarnes
Digon

Hello Julia.

Thank you for posting about the fix. I've updated my Linux and Windows based systems and am happy to report the issue appears to be resolved at least for me.

Please express my appreciation to the team members who worked so hard to resolve this issue.  I know we users are so often quick to point out issues but slow to praise those who work tirelessly to provide a consistently flawless user experience.  Sometimes, it takes a challenge like this one to remind us not to take others' efforts for granted.  So please pass on my thanks to the people who work so hard at Teamviewer to make our lives easier everyday. Kudos to y'all.

Charles

Posted by CraigAlan
Trigon

This FINALLY appears to be fixed.  Thank you!!

Posted by jelabarre59
Trigon

Not fixed for Linux-to-MSWin connectivity.  Confirmed the remote MSWin7 and my local Linux system are at the latest versions as of 26-Jul-17 (AM) (according to the download versions on the website).  Error still comes up.

Are people only checking against MSWin-to-MSWin?  Because I haven't seen a Linux package update in weeks (although the fix may only be needed on the MSWin side anyway).

Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

I can also confirm NOT FIXED Linux to Windows.

I downloaded the newest Windows version "12.1.15448.0" not the version number it shows when upgrading through TeamViewer.

Having your web people put the correct version number on your downloads would be great. :)

Then re-downloaded the linux version "12.0.76279" in case like the other downloads it shows the wrong version. It said re-install not upgrade for linux and SAME DAM ERROR! I have given up on you guys getting this fixed! I'm having everyone or I'm driving out and rolling back to a version that WORKS!

For those that have it this version WORKS!! "12.1.11706.0" it is a pain you must un-install the broken version, then re-install the working version "12.1.11706.0" then re-assign that system to your account. I'm trying to get most of my clients to do it. :( And I won't be upgrading again until I confirm it's working on one of my test systems!

And under Advanced settings make sure to shut off "Automatic Updates"

And if anyone needs it I will be adding it as a fix on one of my sites. :) easy to find what's my username? LOL beast-usa.com I will have it on there in about 20 minutes!

Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

Done :) added the working version to both my main sites. Now to get all the customers to start un-installing & re-installing! And I will never see "unmute mic" AGAIN!

And the adding this device (new device to safe list) is so annoying to people that CLEAR everything in their browser on exit! Why don't you guys DUMP the recaptcha ON MEMEBERS and use the IP addresses for safe device? Most of us only have a few of those! As soon as I close this browser I will need to add it again to post!

Posted by CraigAlan
Trigon

I can confirm as well.  This works for Win/Win, but NOT for Linux/Win

Posted by jelabarre59
Trigon

Got the MSWin remote machine to upgrade to build 81460, and tried again.  It STILL gives me the error message when connecting from Linux.  Linux client will need to be fixed as well (unless the MSWin side is still broken, I don't run MSWin at home, or even on my work machine so can't verify that).

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Dear jelabarre59,

Thank you for your post.

We will like to reproduce your issue, may you please let us know what Distribution, version, arch and desktop manager are you using?

With this information helps us to understand your issue and find a solution.

We are looking forward to your comments.

Best regards,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Posted by jelabarre59
Trigon

On Linux Mint 18.2 (Ubuntu 16.04.1/xenial based)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GH         
4.8.0-53-generic    x86_64

||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-=================================
ii  teamviewer:i38 12.0.76279   i386         Remote control and meeting soluti

||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-=================================
ii  cinnamon       3.4.4+sonya  amd64        Modern Linux desktop

Posted by CraigAlan
Trigon

FWIT, I am using

Xubuntu / Ubuntu 16.10

Posted by Yazzoo7
Henagon

Lighten people. I am betting the majority of you are using the FREE version and this program is extremely robust for FREE. Is having to execute ONE keystroke to get rid of the "extremely annoying" box really that cumbersome?  Geez. 

Posted by jelabarre59
Trigon

The issue is it appears to be a security hole, or may mess up audio on one end or the other.  It also is something that should be a preference setting, yet there's no checkbox to disable it.

But my own take on it is it looks like a security hole more than an issue that you have an extra button to click.

Posted by David_Sweden
Henagon

Seems to be fixed now in the new version

Posted by Chima
Digon

Yazzoo7 is right. No freeloader complaining about this has a leg to stand on. You get what you pay for! — that is as true today as it's ever been. Licensed users, on the other hand, who constitute TeamViewer's breadbasket — at no small expense, I might add — shouldn't have to put up with this unforced error. A single click/keystroke may not seem like much, but it adds up very quickly if you have to do that 10, 20, 50, 100 times a day. I doubt very much that the chorus of loud calls for urgent course correction is coming from freeloaders who typically use the product a handful of times a year.

Perhaps it is time for TeamViewer to consider unbundling the free and licensed editions. It may well be the only effective way to avoid cross-pollination of muddled experimentation with sloppy coding.

And believe me, I use those words advisedly.

To date, I still can't put my finger on a specific problem that the beleaguered rollout which unleashed all the fury was attempting to solve. I don't recall anyone complaining that the preceding stable release did not provide for unmuting the microphone on a nonexistent internet call.

While I do not purport to be schooled in TeamViewer's development protocol, what is clear is that implementation of the code segment responsible for this debacle was not well thought out, which might explain the difficulty in coming up with a patch to quickly fix the problem. Given the ease with which scores of users are able to reproduce the problem, it does not appear that the update received even the most basic pre-release in-house testing, either. Not even the Agile development framework was intended for blind code commitment without human oversight.

Finally, there is something called 'beta-testing' in programming circles. There's a reason for it, and it’s often a necessity, not a luxury. Even Microsoft — the 6,000-pound gorilla on virtually every desk — engages in fairly extensive pre-release beta-rollout of most software updates of functional significance. If TeamViewer has ever posted a pre-release beta-rollout notice, I’m not aware of it. I think we’d all agree that the age of father-knows-best is over.

Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

Xubuntu/Ubuntu 16.04.2
My System
Cooling - Water cooled, Raystorm Waterblock, 270 GPH Pond Pump, 5 Gallon Reservoir.
Motherboard - Asus Rampage v Extreme (Bios 3101)
CPU - Intel i7-6950X Extreme Edition @ 4000MHZ
Memory - 32 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tractical DDR4-3000 15-15-15-33 CR2
Video Card - EVGA GTX 1080 SC Stock Clock & Cooling.
Hard Drives - Windows OS's Crucial M550's Raid-0, Xubuntu Seagate SATA III 1tb 64meg cache.
Storage Drives - 2 Western Digital 5TB 128meg cache, 2 Seagate 2TB 64meg cache.
Power Supply - Corsair 1050 watt SINGLE RAIL
OS's Xubuntu x64 (Ubuntu 16.04.2) and Windows 10 Pro x64 (RS2).
VM (all on one of the 5TB WD drives) Fedora, Mint, Redhat, Centos, OSX, Win xp, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1, Win 10 home.

@ChristianCay
It's not the version of Linux or the version of TeamViewer in Linux. I rolled back my TV in Linux to the 11's and it still had the error. Which would be the easy fix since I do 98% of my work on Linux. What does fix the error is un-installing Teamviewer on the Windows computers and reinstalling version 12.1.11706.0 or earlier. Then the error is gone and everything works, I see no difference or benefits in the newer version just the unmute mic error. The Windows computers I work on range from XP to Win 10 and all have the error.

@Yazzoo7
I don't know anyone that would complain using the free version. And if you use it daily on a mass scale TeamViewer won't let you use the free version. (FREE is non-commercial use) It may not seem like much to people that use it even 10, 20 30 times a month. But when you use it 10, 20, 30 up to 100 times per day it drives you crazy!

Well rolling all the computers back to version 12.1.11706.0 or earlier fixes the problem. But so far has been a real pain in the behind. Trying to explain to my customers why they need to uninstall one and install the other is just not working well at all. I even put the working version on the desktop, start the uninstall... :( So it's a phone call and walking them through it one at a time. :(

TeamViewer people please just update - back to a working version "12.1.11706.0" :)

Posted by ZS1
Photon

I just updated the TV on a PC yesterday and have started getting this pop up since.  The version is 12.081460. I also checked for update today and it says this is the latest version.

Please confirm what was the versionin which this was fixed.

Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

@ Photon
No it's not fixed after god only knows how long! If you don't want to see the error roll back to a version that works. :) Version 12.1.11706.0 or earlier won't give you the error and you can't just install the working one on top. :( You must un-install the new broken one and re-install the working one to get rid of the unmute mic. Photon you can also just switch to DWS works well 100% free browser based. But it is free so there are limits on uploads and speed. :( But just to do work and no file transfer it works great and NO DUMB MIC error. https://www.dwservice.net

@teamviewer-user staff
PLEASE STOP MAKING EVERYONE VERIFY THE SAME BROWSER OVER & OVER & OVER AGAIN!!! Change to IP's PLEASE! So annoying what you must go through just to make a post or is that the point?

And really how hard can it be to fix this it's been MONTHS? You already know version 12.1.11706.0 WORKS so use that to make a good WORKING COPY!

Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

LOL It's listed as FIXED on page one but it is NOT!

So I guess that means it will never be fixed?

Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

Well another update for windows today and STILL NOT FIXED. :(

LINUX to Windows UNMUTE - MIC!!!
Rolling back my test system to the working version AGAIN!

Take this off of fixed!