setup permanent password on client withTeamviewer 12

How can I setup a permanent password on the client (partner) with Teamviewer 12?

Best Answers

• Jake_Z
    Jake_Z Posts: 1
    Answer ✓

As of Sept 15, 2021 I was able to set up a Permanent Password on the Free Personal version on my Mac (the intended remote desktop) at:

TeamViewer (in the top bar)> Preferences> Advanced tab> Personal Password

Hope this helps anyone else with this problem!

Answers

• hey there

in response to this solution about setting a locked password, you suggested """"Extras > Options > Security > Personal password"""" i can not find the menu path in the extras menu.

I have found a security tab in the the preferences menu and have set a password but on each luanch of team viewer the ID remains the same but the 4 digit numerical password changes how do I make sure each computer keeps the same loging info.

I have set up an account, added a computer / device and will add a further 1 or 2.

will this insure that I dont need to worry about the 4 digit pass word changing ?

• Raven
    Raven Posts: 23 ✭✭

The 4-digit password (or however many digits you choose it to be) is just an alternative way of logging in, if you haven't set a password for a specific machine.

For example, if you remote a PC at work, and you have pre-set the password "password" for it, then you can either remote-in with the password "password", or whatever the changing multi-digit code presented on-screen is.

Just ... don't use "password" as your password ;) hehe.

- Raven
  • manxman
    manxman Posts: 1
    Tried that on a pc but didnt work - each launch it still required a unique password.
  • Poobah
    Poobah Posts: 1

Hi Raven,

Thank you for posting the steps required to set a permanent password.  I have followed the steps, however:

1.  The password is not being saved, even though I clicked OK at the bottom of the Security page after changing it.

2. Only the randomly generated ID works. 

Does the pw change every time?  I left a session open on a computer I need to access, but I cannot login with current pw.

Thank you for the assistance.

-Poobah

I  

• JohnWalker
    JohnWalker Posts: 1
    edited May 2021

Its 2021 it looks like unattended remote access is just not possible with Teamviewer

I am struggling to get unattended remote access working on :

• Macbook Air - host
    • macbook Pro - guest

---

I see above says :

"Extras > Options > Security > Personal password". 

But, there is no such setting in the configurations on a Mac version of Teamviewer.

Can anyone explain how to set the password or avoid a password for computers that are in the allowed list and wish to gain unattended access.

• brightivan
    brightivan Posts: 1

Extras -> Options -> Advanced -> Show advanced options -> scroll down till it says personal password

• Jake_Z
    Jake_Z Posts: 1
    Answer ✓

As of Sept 15, 2021 I was able to set up a Permanent Password on the Free Personal version on my Mac (the intended remote desktop) at:

TeamViewer (in the top bar)> Preferences> Advanced tab> Personal Password

Hope this helps anyone else with this problem!