Can't login to Linux via TeamViewer App

I can't login to Kubuntu 16.04 and TeamViewer 9 (we've only bought licenses for 9 so we can't use anything newer) from the TeamViewer Android app. Connecting via TeamViewer isn't a problem but logging into Kubuntu doesn't work. My password doesn't work when it's through a TeamViewer connection. Local login is no problem. The password does contain special characters but nothing exotic.

If I log in and type the password into a text editor most of the letters are the same but some are mixed up. It's probably important to note that the destination computer has a German (Germany) keyboard connected. After adding the an English (US) keyboard layout to the possiblities on the destination computer typing the password into a text editor shows up correctly with EITHER keyboard layout selected.

Despite that success I still can't login when the screen is locked. How do I get it to work?

KDE Plasma 5.5.5

QT 5.5.1

Kernel 4.4.0-72-generic

Linux TeamViewer 9.0.32150 wine-1.6

Android TeamViewer 12.1.6675

Android 6.0 (US English language)

Swype 3.0.4.3000400.48631 and Android AOSP 6.0-9 Keyboards

Comments

• ChristianCay
    ChristianCay Posts: 182 [Former Staff]

Dear MaxMustermann,

Thank you for your post.

Let's have a look at your system to diagnose your issue in depth.

May you please run the following commands and send us the output?

cat /etc/systemd/system/display-manager.service | grep -i execstart= | tee info.log
    cat localectl | tee -a info.log

With these commands, we're able to reproduce the issue and provide you a solution.

We are looking forward to your comments.

Best regards,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
  • ExecStart=/usr/bin/sddm
    System Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8
    LC_NUMERIC=de_DE.UTF-8
    LC_TIME=de_DE.UTF-8
    LC_MONETARY=de_DE.UTF-8
    LC_PAPER=de_DE.UTF-8
    LC_NAME=de_DE.UTF-8
    LC_ADDRESS=de_DE.UTF-8
    LC_TELEPHONE=de_DE.UTF-8
    LC_MEASUREMENT=de_DE.UTF-8
    LC_IDENTIFICATION=de_DE.UTF-8
    VC Keymap: n/a X11 Layout: de