Announcements

Would you like to be part of the TeamViewer task force to make our product even better? Start now with participating in our survey and help our product team to build an even better TeamViewer. Click here for more information.

Posted by Eric_Carvalho
Henagon

ERRO UPDATE UBUTU 18, teamviewer 8

after updating from ubuntu 16lts to version 18lts my team viewer is not
working anymore, i use version 8.
Please someone has been thorugh something similar, and can help me.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon
Solution

Re: ERRO UPDATE UBUTU 18, teamviewer 8

12 & 13 work fine in 18.0.4 LTS.
DO NOT USE 14 it doesn't work the random crashes will drive you crazy!

If you want to use 8 you will probably need to go back to 16.0.4. If you made a back-up before upgrading?

18 disables a ton of things Smiley Sad some things can be forced to run in 18. But most things 18.0.4 disables will run buggy when forced to run.

Highlighted
Posted by Eric_Carvalho
Henagon
Solution

Thanks Guys, but unfortunately I will be back to windows, because I have the paid version of tw8.
2 Replies
5 Replies
Posted by mwildam
Trigon

8 is really old. Try it with the tar.gz variant (without installation). Does it work there?
Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon
Solution

12 & 13 work fine in 18.0.4 LTS.
DO NOT USE 14 it doesn't work the random crashes will drive you crazy!

If you want to use 8 you will probably need to go back to 16.0.4. If you made a back-up before upgrading?

18 disables a ton of things Smiley Sad some things can be forced to run in 18. But most things 18.0.4 disables will run buggy when forced to run.

Highlighted
Posted by Eric_Carvalho
Henagon
Solution

Thanks Guys, but unfortunately I will be back to windows, because I have the paid version of tw8.
2 Replies
Posted by mwildam
Trigon

Your paid Windows is probably also too new for teamviewer 8 ;-)

Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

@Eric_Carvalho

You can do what I have been forced into to doing after 20 or so crashes I go NUTS! 14 is JUNK!
I use Winblows in VM Smiley Sad You could just install XP in Virtual Box then run version 8 in there.