Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Highlighted
Posted by der_eismann
Henagon

TeamViewer 13 won't start on Solus Linux

Hey everyone,

first of all: Thanks for keeping up the effort to port TeamViewer to Linux! It really helps me helping my family :manhappy:

Solus is a quite now distribution, but with the help of the 3rd party repository it was easily possible to run TV12. Today I downloaded the .tar.xz version of TV13, installed all dependencies, but it still won't start. Here's the TeamViewer13_Logfile.log (can't post because it exceeds 20.000 chars :manfrustrated:):

https://hastebin.com/erinadakis.sql

And DependencyCheck.log:

https://hastebin.com/zupulipusu.go

Thanks for your help!

//EDIT: Okay, I should have read the log myself. The GUI wouldn't start because the Qt5 QuickControls were not installed (why is checklibs not reporting that?). They can be installed with:

sudo eopkg install qt5-quickcontrols
2 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Re: TeamViewer 13 won't start on Solus Linux

Hi @der_eismann,

nice, you figured it out :robotwink:

Yes, I know... Checklibs should help there, but it checks for libs (hence the name...), in other words it checks if all shared objects (*.so) can be loaded. Unfortunately, QuickControls is not an .so file, but a collection of QML files. Therefore, we have to use a different method to check for these.

All the best,

Daniel

Linux Developer
2 Replies
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Hi @der_eismann,

nice, you figured it out :robotwink:

Yes, I know... Checklibs should help there, but it checks for libs (hence the name...), in other words it checks if all shared objects (*.so) can be loaded. Unfortunately, QuickControls is not an .so file, but a collection of QML files. Therefore, we have to use a different method to check for these.

All the best,

Daniel

Linux Developer
Posted by der_eismann
Henagon

Hey @DanielStm,

thanks for your answer and again the great work with your new release. I understand the problem, but thankfully we have a thing called "3rd party repository" at Solus which is kind of like an ugly version of Arch's AUR - we don't ship packages, but instructions/scripts to do it yourself. Hopefully I will be able to update it to TV13 soon.

Best,
Philipp