Teamviewer 13. Ubuntu 18.04 Faulty Wayland detection and logging in.

Mim
Mim Posts: 3

I've tried installing teamviewer_13.1.3026_i386.deb on XUbuntu 18.04LTS. It installs OK, but when run I have two problems so far.

Firstly, Teamviewer seems to be detecting Wayland being in use. Xubuntu and xfce use x11, rather than Wayland and this was confirmed by running

echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE

which returned x11.

Teamviewer waylandTeamviewer wayland

The second problem is that I can't sign in. When the sign in window comes up the E-mail and Password fields are inactive.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Answers

• Mim

Thanks Daniel,

That makes sense. I understand that Ubuntu 18.04 is very new and that 32 bit systems are getting rarer. Just trying to keep this old laptop running a little longer till I upgrade! Hopefully the problems will be sorted soon.

Mim

• octavsly
    octavsly Posts: 1

Is there a way to override this detection?

•  I hav ths problem too. Rebuilt all qt packages but problem still persists. Your're right, I also have a x64 workstation, where this problem does not occur. strange....

• DanielStm
    DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠

Will be fixed in the upcoming release.

Cheers,
    Daniel

Linux Developer
  • I have the same problem with Lubuntu 32-bit. I can't wait for the fix. Is there a workaround?

• DanielStm
    DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠

There is a fix for this:

apt update && apt install teamviewer<BR />

Have a look here: June Update

Cheers,
    Daniel

Linux Developer
  • Mim

Thanks Daniel,

I have installed the latest version on my now ancient 32 bit Acer netbook with Xubuntu 18.04 and everything that I've tried appears to be working well. Appreciate the effort you folks have put in to keeping Teamviewer working on these antideluvian machines!

Mim

• Thx for the update, I'll wait until an update to portage tree is available (I'm on gentoo), I'm sure the package maintainer will provide a new ebuild soon.