Unable to access to an X session on VT1 (Ubuntu16)

Hello 

I am evaluating Teamviewer_Host 14 to be deployed into our system (a chemical analyser rack running on Ubuntu16). 

I can access any text session on VT2,3....

I can also access the lightdm graphical session on VT7...

but I can't access the graphic session (X session) on VT1 where my user application (with UI) is running. My application is started by a systemd service that creates an Xsession on VT1 and start my application program at boot. 

Althougth TV service is running. I can not take control of this VT1 session.

If I move the local user interface from VT1 to VT2, then TV is accessible on VT2, but unable to switch back to VT1 and see it on TV.

Is this supposed to be possible ? if so what could I be doing wrong ?

Comments

• galvrz
    galvrz Posts: 15

Are you able to log into the graphical interface on your device, and access teamViewer from there? If so did you set up unattended access?

• Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I can login in lightdm on my device and then TV (TeamViewer) works fine. 

If I starts my application from lightdm, it still works fine from TV. Unfortunatelly, I would like to not start my application from a lightdm context... 

The problem is when my application is started as a service. My service starts an X session (in VT1) and launch my application (starting any other graphical application will have same result)... then I can not get access this application from TV.... but if I swicth the device to any other VT (text), then TV works again... and if I go back to VT1 (CTL-ALT-F1), TV gets disconnected. 

Yes, I set up an unattended access (using teamviewer setup from command line)... and the status reflects in the teamviewer management console. 

• galvrz
    galvrz Posts: 15

Unfortunately the current version of TeamViewer seems to require that you login via a desktop environment that is startx no longer works. This was confirmed on the Arch Linux site which is where I'm getting my information. Here's a link to the Arch Linux TeamViewer package which basically contains one line stating the issue. Good luck wish I could have helped.

The URL to the Arch Linux package is:  https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/teamviewer/

Just to be complete, this package is not officially supported by Arch Linux but by the arch user community.

• Hello galvrz

Thank you again. I see on the Arch Linux article that StartX was working with TV12... and not TV13. I am on TV14... I will try TV12.. and let you know.

Anyway thank you for your assistance !