3D Touch for iOS

Hello,

I've noticed that the 3D Touch options for iOS are not user-friendly enough for proper usage. There are 2 main problems with the 3D Touch options for Teamviewer iOS that I hope you will allow me to address:

1.) The 3D Touch list offers the option to connect to your partners directly from the touch menu, which is fantastic. However, currently each option reads "Connect to partner" as the title and the Teamviewer ID as the sub-title. The "name" for the machine is never listed. This makes it incredibly difficult for the end user, as we must remember the Teamviewer ID of the machine in question. Please provide a way to show the "partner name" in this list, or if this is due to security (which I suspect is not the case, as it already lists the Teamviewer ID from the menu) perhaps a toggle in the app's settings to enable the partner names on and off would be appropriate.

2.) When you select the option to connect to a partner from the 3D Touch menu, it will launch the app and successfully attempt to connect to that machine. However, it forces the end user to enter the password for that machine, even if I am logged into my Teamviewer account where the password is already stored. Even if I enable the option to "remember passwords" (in the application's settings menu) it seems that I am always prompted to enter a password if I choose to connect to the machine via the 3D touch menu (including if the application is backgrounded, while the password was entered to connect to the machine during my current session). I have tested by connecting to the machine with the password, then disconnecting, going straight to the 3D Touch menu and attempting once more, only to be asked for the password again.

Can these 2 issues please be addressed? I do not know if I have written this in the correct area. I hope that these fixes will bring full functionality to the 3D Touch menu, which I am sure was the original intent when this was designed by the application developers. Currently, if I choose to open the application and wait for it to automatically log me in to my Teamviewer account, I can "quick connect" to my favourite machine via the "partners" tab and it will log me in with the saved password under the Teamviewer partner information. If the 3D Touch menu is slower than that method I just described, then it has zero functionality, as end users will always elect to open the application to avoid remembering the machine ID or entering the password every time.

Thank you,
Curtis

Tagged:

Comments

• Absolutely..3d Touch is useless as is. It could be such a power feature if designed correctly.