Posted by drbajb
Digon

Access to Remote Computer's logon password.

I use Teamviewer to access a remote computer with a logon password.  In the process of performing various tasks on this remote computer, I often have to Restart it.  Is there a way using Teamviewer that will give me access to the remote computer after the Restart is complete, to enter the logon password (which I know) and continue with my work?  As it is now, I telephone the remote computer's owner and ask her manually enter the logon password from her end before I can re-establish access to the remote computer. 

1 Reply
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Access to Remote Computer's logon password.

Hello @drbajb,

Thank you for your post.

TeamViewer has a 'Remote Reboot' feature that can be found in the Action menu drop-down of the Remote Control toolbar at the top of the connection:

remote reboot.pngOnce selected, you will be asked to confirm the reboot:

confirm.png

After confirmation, another pop-up will appear, asking if you want to reconnect when the device comes back online:

wait for partner.png

After the reboot, when the device comes back online, a final pop-up will appear asking if you would like to reconnect to the device: 

reconnect.png

Once connected, you should be able to enter the login credentials and continue working!

I hope this helps! 

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)