Could Not connect to Partner

anauffal1
anauffal1 Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

as a couple of days ago i keep getting the message "could not connect to partner" everithing is right, partner is online and "green", reading previous people with same problem thay talk about disabling IPV6, which I did and the problem persisted, sombody else esid that contacted help desk and they fixed it< but I can only see support for Help desk to a license user, Im a "personal use only" user....any ideas?

Tagged:

Comments

• pdeandc
    pdeandc Posts: 1

Same here.  What is going on... I tried uninstalling 14 and installing 13 but still it won't let me connect.

• t3k
    t3k Posts: 1

im also having same problem, just started 1-2 days ago 

i connected to partner around 15 mins ago, now i cant connect again

@anauffal1 wrote:

as a couple of days ago i keep getting the message "could not connect to partner" everithing is right, partner is online and "green", reading previous people with same problem thay talk about disabling IPV6, which I did and the problem persisted, sombody else esid that contacted help desk and they fixed it< but I can only see support for Help desk to a license user, Im a "personal use only" user....any ideas?

• w8lig
    w8lig Posts: 4

Having same issue here. Connected this morning to my partner and now I"m getting the same cannot connect message. Thing is, I can send him a message with no problem, but cannot connect. Been connecting with this partner off and on for over 2 years and now cannot.

• mtliu
    mtliu Posts: 1

This was driving me nuts. It happened after an upgrade. Downgrading only partially solved the issue. It was working fine before the upgrade and the very act of upgrading seemed to break Team Viewer. I tried all the suggestions in the multiple threads over the years with issues similar to this. Nothing seemed to solve the problem. I tried disasbling my firewall, but Team Viewer itself is sensitive to and has problems with an unfirewalled machine. An intermin solutiuon was to TeamViewer into a computer that worked, which hadn't been upgraded, and then from there, TeamViewer LAN into the machine that stopped connecting to others as well as refused connections from anywhere besides LAN. 

However, that just seemed to be a very poor fix and often I would get confused as to which machine I was addressing. 

In turns out I found a solution that worked for me, In the proxy settings, default is "Automatic". However, I don't use a proxy. Even though my other installs (which weren't upgraded) had no problem with the default Automatic setting, checking the "no proxy" box on the problematic machine cleared everything up. This was 15 minutes ago, maybe tomorrow I"ll come back with a statement saying how upgrading TeamViewer broke itself again and that downgrading didn't fix it.

However, I now have all my machines set to not automatically upgrade and at this point, I am very hesitant to upgrade any machine moving forward.

• Softwareketan
    Softwareketan Posts: 1

Could Not Connect to partner.

I have Upgraded my License from 13 Version perpetual license to 15 Version Subscription License.

Two Days it worked super. Then since last three days it gives message "Could Not Connect to Partner"

After paying money I am not getting any service, neither their phone numbers are helping me out to fix the issue. nor any answer on mail complaint. Don't know what to do?

I think I should withdraw the license service now & look for some other product to connect to remote desk.

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,587 Moderator

Hi @Softwareketan,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we are sorry for response delayed.

We may confirm the receipt of your support ticket and TeamViewer Support Team will contact you shortly.

Once again, we kindly ask your patience and understanding.

Warm regards,

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • novinadi
    novinadi Posts: 1

same here with me too, cannot connect to partner. please help

• Hankshaft
    Hankshaft Posts: 2 ✭✭

I find if I remove my machine from the ddwrt router and attach directly to my modem bypassing the router everything works.