Double ID with 2 weeks time difference.

Michiel
Michiel Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello, 

I'm not sure what is going on here, however i'll try to explain.

At first we had teamviewer installed at the office and added the ID to a group. This however caused ID's to be identical for some reason and this had something to do with cloning/deploying images.

So we decided to change this and install Teamviewer at our customers. last Thursday a collegue installed a system at a customer, got the teamviewer ID and added this to a group. All seemed fine and we used it. The next day (Friday) i went to install a system at a customer, installed Teamviewer on the spot and also got the ID. 

Today finishing reports/tickets i wanted to add the ID to the correct group. I searched the ID and it showed the name i added to it last friday. However i noticed this ID was already in another group. Somehow it took over the ID from the system installed the day before. Both systems had different hardware and different images. How is this possible? 

Now we have to visit both customers again to fix the ID's.

Is there a way to avoid this issue?

Comments

• Reyhan
    Reyhan Posts: 269 Staff member 🤠

@Michiel

Thank you for your post. We are currently working on this issue. :smileywink:

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan