How to disable Clipboard Transfer Notification?

2»

Answers

• Wow!  What a burden!  These popups not only appear every time I "copy" something, even just locally, but they don't go away and they stack in a column that grows longer and longer without overlapping.

If I had not found this thread, I would have been in immediate crisis mode with my use of Teamviewer, looking for an alternative that just lets me work.

I hope this fix appears ASAP!  Thank you.

• I'm amazed that they haven't been able to edit two lines of code and do a recompile yet. How?

• @RickyShade wrote:

I'm amazed that they haven't been able to edit two lines of code and do a recompile yet. How?

I agree. I think most users of TeamViewer understand the issues with version control, and migration of changes from DEV to PROD. But in this instance all the coder need do is comment out the call that displays these annoying notifications. No need to replicate the issue since there have been enough reports of the issue. Just make the simple edit and push out the updated code. I can't imagine why it's taking TeamViewer so long to fix this one, major issue. 

• Will this be fixed any time soon? It mainly happens in excel and is SUPER annoying

• Why it's taking TeamViewer so long to fix this bug ???

• talmog
    talmog Posts: 4 ✭✭

So, 3 weeks on and still no solution?

• talmog
    talmog Posts: 4 ✭✭

So?
    3 weeks since this post was replied by @JoshP and still no solution?
    This should be as simple as putting a remark in the code to disable the handler that fire these popups.
    If this was a security breach it would have been patched the next day.
    Pathetic effort, TV!

• @Kerstin_PO wrote:

Hi,

thanks a lot for all your replies and I'm very sorry for the inconveniences!

As @JoshP already posted it was not intended to show the notification on every local copy action (notifications have increased a lot since version 15.0). It seems not to happen on all environments, we could reproduce it only on some of our machines.

But the bug should be fixed and will be released as soon as possible.

I'll also check if we can realize a new option setting to disable them or to use the Windows notifications.

Best,

Kerstin

Best,

Kerstin

Kerstin,

If this is not working as intended then why have you not released a fix for it? It should be as easy as disabling the pop-up notifications until you've had time to actually test them.

While we're here, let's go ahead and head this off: most people probably don't want to see that pop-up every time a remote copy action occurs, either. In fact, just about everyone has asked that you provide the option to enable/disable this type of notification.

It seems that few customers are actually interested in this new "feature" or even appreciate it. Please consider doing more testing before rolling out such invasive changes.

Can you please provide an updated timeline for when we can expect this issue to be resolved?

@Kerstin_PO @JoshP 

• Thanks Teamviewer,

I don't know how I've been able to live without a pop-up informing me of some copy paste action.. Lucky me, these pop-ups also spam on top of other applications, blocking access to less important functionality. Yeay!

Working in a corporate environment, I cannot access the teamviewer options and will probably wait years for another teamviewer update to trickle through.

Do you take yourself seriously as a software company? This is not the first Teamviewer blunder.

• This was solved by and update 2 months ago.

• hansolocambo
    hansolocambo Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

November 2019 :

"[...] the issue of pop-ups appearing randomly on both sides of the connection [...] this was not an intended feature [...] our development team is actively looking in to the resolution, to prevent further unnecessary pop-ups."

4 years later, march 2023

Pop-ups are still CONSTANTLY appearing on both computers. When a transfer is FINISHED, the pop-upS stay there, displaying the transfer progression at 93%, 98%, 97%, etc. Forever. Those notifications never display 100% of transfers even though they are all FINISHED. Even worse : Notifications are always on top of everything else. No way to get them at least in the background. SO annoying.

One has to close manually all those **bleep** pop-ups manually, for each file transfer, on both computers.

Your team is working actively on that for... 4 years ?

Wow. That's efficiency.

P.S : complaints about those notifications exist since 2016 at least on this forum. If it's been actively worked on for 7 years, we can probably hope for an update before 2050.