Install Limit Reached

2»

Answers

• I really do not understand why the 3 device limit is not clearly stated in the description of the business plan.  3 installs is RIDICULOUS.  I would not have purchase such a kneecapped product if it had been clear.  The business plan says you can manage up to 200 devices, this is the lie they tell you to hoodwink you into the plan.  Then the truth comes out, you've got 3 devices in actuallity, not 200, that is a lie.  3 devices, only 2 if you dual boot windows and mac.  GARBAGE product.  Amazing software that has been hamstrung by utter avarice towards the consumer.  For me, this puts this product on the level of Ransomware.  We get it, you want lots of money.  Dont even pretend this "Business" plan is for businesses.  Call it the **bleep** Jr. account, because that's who it is for, all us suckers that fell for the Ransomware.  Congratulations.  Scotty, you work for a greedy penny-pinching company that exists to **bleep** every penny out of your costomers.  Hope you feel good about it.

• Ford1
    Ford1 Posts: 11 ✭✭

There is no where to add a new question

But its the same as this one. I tried logging into teamviewer on another pc and it said install limte reached. I can log into the account through the internet and I can see all the remote pcs but I cannot connect to any of them. Some of the answers say you can only have three pcs but that is rubbish because I have had five remote pcs that I have always been able to connect to before I have paid $500 and teamviewer told me that the amount of remote connections I have is unlimited. I am only logged into teamviewer with one laptop. I don't know why I suddenly can't anymore

• Ford1
    Ford1 Posts: 11 ✭✭

that information is wrong

I only had it one one device and I needed to use it on another computer because mine is under repair. I made sure it was logged out but I still get a limit reached error. I have paid for the business edition and now I cannot access my remote pcs on anything

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,554 Moderator

Hi @Ford1,

Thank you for contacting us on TeamViewer Community.

As you have successfully activated TeamViewer license on a TeamViewer account, you may connecto to unlimit devices with your licensed account. However, your license is limited to initiate the remote connections from up to 3 devices. For example, you may connection from device A, B, C, to any other remote devices, if you would like to have device D to start any outgoing connections, either of device A, B, C need to be removed from TeamViewer Management Console like device A, B, D. For more information on replace licensed devices, kindly visit How to deactivate (remove) device from the Business license 

Hope it would be helpful.

Warm regards,

Ying

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • CharlesMarvelli
    CharlesMarvelli Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have tried to deactivate a device, followed instructions but under licences, it only refers to free licence and does not show the devices I activated for me to deactivate. Can you help please

• CharlesMarvelli
    CharlesMarvelli Posts: 3 ✭✭

This does not work on mine because although I have a licence for 3 machines, it only refers to the free licence for some reason and I cannot deactivate or see any devices. Can you please assist?

• MOcak
    MOcak Posts: 3 ✭✭

Having 3 device only rule is very stupid to be blunt. Everyone has a at least 1 or 2 work computer, 1 or 2 home computer, 1 or 2 mobile laptop computer, again 1 or 2 mobile phone or android or apple devices. I have a business account, I have 5 devices, these 5 devices are essential, work computer, home computer, work laptop, personal laptop, android tablet, and android phone. I should be able to install teamviewer on these devices without hassle or without paying 1000 Euros or dollars to Teamviewer. I strongly suggest you amend this rule and make it, at least 5 devices, 20 moves for a year dont make us feel we are running out of moves, 8-9 is very little and 3 devices is very little, check my name end of this year, i will not renew my contract, and I will move to other same service providers premiums.

• LD2078
    LD2078 Posts: 1

I have to agree with many of MOcak's points. 3 device limit is just too little in this day and age. I will not be renewing my contract either after a year.

• Mdekkers
    Mdekkers Posts: 5 ✭✭

Just to add my voice to the others here complaining about the manner in which this limit is implemented. This post is a lesson in “how to destroy 10+ years of customer loyalty in the blink of an eye”

The way the business license is implemented is disingenuous at best. I’m just a guy with a bunch of machines and a wider group of (elderly) relatives that I occasionally help with computer problems. One day your algorithm decided that I was using teamviewer for “commercial use” and that I had to buy a license to continue using it.

OK, that was both incorrect and not nice, but as I was about to help my elderly father in law with a to him serious problem, a thousand miles away, I caved and bought the license. I now have to put up with these limits.

Fine. I don’t like being treated this way, and will cancel my license. You may think this not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I do, however, advise large enterprises on software, including remote support tooling, and have in the past recommended TeamViewer to many large clients. I will not do so in the future. Your loss.

Penny wise, Pound foolish, as they say.

• 007WI
    007WI Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited October 2021

Adding my concern as well - the 3 device limit is simply atrocious. I have various devices that I use to remote from and it's more than 3, what's more is that you have a 9 move limit on top of that - this is insane! What happens after the 9 move limit - will you block me from using the software that I PAID for? This is a wake up call for [removed per Community Guidelines].do you understand the friction this causes? Do you remotely care what your customer experience is? Do you read these comments or defer to - they will go away, we have other paying customers?

You can tell the comments are coming in about your 3 device/9 move limit...get ready for this to increase as social media will be taken into consideration.

Where is the moderator comment for these past few posts? Seems rather quiet for a company that supposedly values their clients...

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,554 Moderator

Hi @007WI,

Thank you for contacting us and sharing the feedback.

Please allow us to make the following points for clarification on TeamViewer moves with TeamViewer Business licenses.

1. 3 devices limit - TeamViewer does not limit the connection to remote devices. The 3 device limits are set on the devices which initiating the authorised remote connections.
    2. 9 moves limit - TeamViewer understands the needs of changing connection devices for vary reasons. These moves allow you to transfer the licensed connections on different devices to start connections. If you ever run out the moves, it can be reset ONCE every calendar year by contacting TeamViewer Support Team via call or ticket.

Hope the explanation would be helpful on understanding the situation!

Best regards,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • 007WI
    007WI Posts: 2 ✭✭

@Ying_Q

The explanation you've provided unfortunately misses the point....

Others, and I are saying we are remoting FROM more than 3 devices, not TO. This is the issue.

To solve this issue, Teamviewer instituted the 9 moves only rule - this further compounds the issue because it doesn't address the root issue. I purchased a license, I should be able to move to it to as many devices as I would like - not be limited. The option to reset it ONCE a year is just adding more friction for your customers.

It appears you want to prevent businesses from exploiting your licenses? If that is the case, then have it so that only a single remote session can be used at a given time per license. You have single users who have multiple devices, listen to what they are saying - or continue to ignore and other companies will solve it.

• mwave
    mwave Posts: 2 ✭✭

the product description for the business plan leads you to believe that you can have access to 200 units. The fact that you can only install on 3 is one of the biggest lies I have seen from a product in a long time - this is extremely frustrating and seems like a bait and switch. Very disappointing. Switching over to a new service as soon as I can.

• ll432
    ll432 Posts: 1

The 3 devices limit is stupid. Teamviewer just lied to everyone. When we purchased the service, it just said 200 connections without mentioning only one can log in to 3 devices! I will stop renewing the service and make sure all my colleagues and friends know how bad TeamViewer is. I was stupid to buy a one-year service from Teamviewer and then they told me I can only access 3 devices.

TeamViewer just LIE!!!

All the other companies are way better solutions. Some at least give us 10 units login.